It is no longer news that top boxer, Braimah Isaac Kamoko, aka Bukom Banku, has suffered his first ever career defeat.
On Saturday, the popular boxer was roundly defeated by Bastie Samir in the seventh round of their non-title cruiserweight clash at the Bukom Boxing Arena in Accra.
Banku suffered at least two knockdowns before being brutally knocked out by Samir in the seventh round.
The result stunned many Ghanaians who had expected Banku to easily defeat Samir.
According to citifmonline.com, here are 9 facts about Bastie Samir that you should know about.
1. Bastie Samir is 31 years old, having been born on May 19, 1986.
2. He has won all the 16 bouts he has fought
3. He won the African Championships in the welterweight division in May 2007
4. He represented Ghana and won silver at the 2007 All-Africa Games boxing welterweight division
5. He qualified for the Olympics 2008 in the light-heavyweight division.
6. He relocated to the US in 2008 for greener boxing opportunities
7. He has fought and defeated several top boxers, including Jacob Alvarez, Mavin Blair, Damon Reed and Greg Hacket
8. He had never lost. His draw with Lester Gonzalez in April 2011 is the only blemish on his record
9. Bastie is nicknamed "The Beast", and was, at one point, a sparring partner for Floyd Mayweather
Share your views on this article with us in the comments section below.
Have an intriguing story to share? Message us on Facebook now, and we will publish your story on YEN.com.gh.