Chelsea boss Antonio Conte speaks about his future at Stamford Bridge, says he fears no sack

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte speaks about his future at Stamford Bridge, says he fears no sack

- Antonio Conte conte refuses to be worried about the thought of being sacked

- Chelsea have had a not too impressive campaign so far this season

- But the former Juventus manager insists he is not the kind of man that fears for his job

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte insisted that he is not like the previous Chelsea managers sacked by Roman Abramovich, and does not fear losing his job, after watching his team battle to a 4-2 win over Watford at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea boss Anthonio Conte insists he fears no sack

Antonio Conte not ready to entertain any fear of him losing his job. Source: Mirror

Michy Batshuayi came in as a second half substitute to help Chelsea come back from 2-1 down to win 4-2 on Saturday, October 20, 2017.

The result was timely for Chelsea after back-to-back defeats in the Premier League.

READ ALSO: Chelsea boss Antonio Conte ready to splash money for Real Madrid star

It also important for Conte, coming at the end of a week in which reports claimed that unrest among his players and tensions with the club's hierarchy had put his position as head coach in significant doubt.

When it was suggested that Chelsea, under previous managers, might have collapsed at 2-1 down, Conte said: "I am not like the previous managers. I am different. It is important to understand this.

"The club has to judge the work and honestly, I don't have this type of worry [about] if I lose the game, if the club decides to sack me.

"In the past, the club decided after two losses or three bad games to sack a manager. I don't think it is the same for every manager. You change the person, change the work. I repeat: If you ask if I feel this type of pressure, it is zero."

Chelsea also showed great resilience against AS Roma scoring late in the game to salavge a 3-3 draw at the the bridge.

Gary Cahill insisted that until the Premier League champions rediscover their best form, their resilience will be even more important.

Chelsea's busy October schedule offers no respite with Everton next to visit Stamford Bridge on Wednesday in the Carabao Cup, and Conte admitted that he will look to the fringes of his squad when picking his starting XI.

Chelsea boss Anthonio Conte insists he fears no sack

Conte looking forward to the remaining fixture in a busy October. Source: SUN

"I think for the game against Everton, it is impossible to recover for Drinkwater, Moses needs more time and Kante," he added. "But I think this could be a good opportunity to give a chance to the young player like Charly Musonda, also Kenedy, young players who I think deserve the chance.

"They are working very hard, they are improving and we can see the improvement against Everton, which is a tough game. It is important for me, important for the club. We will do this."

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
Barcelona settle for a 1-1 scoreline with Tottenham as both sides go through

Lucas Moura's strike puts Tottenham into the Champions League round of 16 as Inter Milan drop to Europa League

Lucas Moura's strike puts Tottenham into the Champions League round of 16 as Inter Milan drop to Europa League
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel