As with every child, there are times of the day when you just need to hear that one magical sentence that will turn your frown into a smile.
Get the latest news in entertainment and politics on YEN.com.gh
Going to school on some days was hard, and you could count the seconds till your teacher made a miracle happen that made you giddy with joy.
YEN.com.gh has found the six sentences every school pupil liked to hear:
1. Break time. This is probably the sentence every pupil loves to hear the most. Just when you think the class is going on forever, you are saved by the bell that signals it’s time to eat and play.
READ ALSO: 'Angel' Obinim sets his congregation's underwear ablaze as part of deliverance
2. Closing time. The one time of the day every pupil looks forward to. This is when you know you get to rush home and catch a bit of cartoons before your parents get home.
3. No Homework. Between this and closing time, it seems almost a tie. That rare moment when you teacher says no homework, especially on a weekend? Bliss!
4. Class is cancelled. From primary school all the way up to University, there are no three words sweeter than Class is Cancelled. To be able to miss a class with a teacher you didn’t like or right before closing time? Oh what happy memories.
5. There will be no test. You couldn't have been a Ghanaian pupil and not struggle to not jump for joy at these words. Nobody likes tests and to hear that the test you did not want, was not happening? Yayy!
6. Tomorrow is Our Day. The classic winner in this whole list. As a young pupil, hearing that the school term is over and it’s time for that one day where you show off your best dress and your mum’s cooking skills will forever be anyone’s favorite.
READ ALSO: This throwback photo proves John Dumelo was the cutest child ever
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.