- After years off and on the streets of Mombasa and Nairobi, a woman in her prime has finally united with her family
- Identified as Ciku, the woman was married to a man of Asian origin but got divorced after a long 18 years
- When they divorced, her ex-husband retained custody of the kids and lied to them that their mum was dead
- Her ex-husband remarried a Kenyan and left for his native country leaving Shiko to wallow in poverty and depression
- Her story was recently shared online and even got the attention of her daughter who is currently married and lives in the USA.
An elderly Kenyan woman has finally re-united with her family after everyone believed she died many years ago after she was divorced by her husband.
The lady identified as Ciku was once married to an Asian tycoon and they had children together. But the man divorced her after 18 years and took custody of the kids.
He made the kids believe she died. He married another Kenyan woman and returned to his native country.
Ciku's life took a downward trajectory and she was left in the streets, homeless and nowhere to go. Her mental state deteriorated.
A good Samaritan who met her more than twice in the streets took it upon himself to establish the cause of her problems.
When she narrated her ordeal, the good Samaritan decided to help. He shared her story with the aim of reaching her family.
Luckily, the family was traced and efforts to re-unite them began.
And it did not just end there. Ciku's daughter who is married and has two kids and lives in the United States of America called in.
She had been told her mother was dead. But it was a lie. They are in the process of reconnecting. What a story!