She has been named Ghana’s official ‘Slay Queen’, and actress Nana Akua Addo is climbing the Avant-Garde stairs to fashion icon history.
From wearing outfits better than your favorite hip hop rapper, to leaving fans shocked at red carpet events, the fashionista is steadily catching the eye of fashion critics locally and internationally.
In 2017 alone, Nana Akua Addo shut down events with her stunning gowns alone and it looks like she is not slowing down. YEN.com.gh brings you six times Nana Akua gave us all a lesson in Red Carpet 101:
1. Starting with the very popular princess style dress she wore to the 2017 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, Nana Akua Addo left others speechless by this spectacular ensemble.
2. Remember the out-of-this-world Swarovski Crystal gown she chose for the 2016 Glitz Style Awards? We are still shook from how amazing she looked.
3. Then she went for a bit of shimmery and a bit of shake in her vintage-style crystal dress for the 2017 BET awards.
4. Of course there that time when she wore this drool-worthy red dress just because, you know, she’s a stunner.
5. Nothing says splash of color like a very vibrant yellow and Nana Akua glowed so much in this gown, we had to take a couple of seats back.
6. Last but definitely not the least is her recent traffic-stopping gown to the 2017 AFRIMA Awards in Nigeria. The crimson and chocolate ruffled gown was beautiful, but the actress took it to the next level with a gold nose mask with its startling intricate designs.
Nana Akua has already raised the bar for red carpet divas and it looks like it’s about to get even higher.
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page