Marriage is a lifelong commitment and one that should never be taken lightly. Most guys are pretty wary of making this commitment especially while they are young.
But as men get older they are also put under social pressure to settle down and start a family. Even without that pressure, most guys will feel the need to take the plunge as they age.
Yen.com.gh has compiled a list of 5 signs which indicate that you are probably not quite ready to take the next step with bae or you are not the right man for her.
1. You don’t share the same values or beliefs – This one seems pretty obvious but if you and your partner are bumping heads about religion, beliefs or morals you are probably not right for each other. Tensions will only rise with time and probably boil over if children are ever involved.
2. You can’t imagine staying home and chilling – Another obvious one. If you still enjoy partying and the thought of staying home and chilling fills you with dread you’re probably not ready to settle down.
3. Avoiding serious conversations – If you avoid have serious discussions such as sharing your future plans, hopes and dreams you are definitely not ready to settle down just yet.
4. You expect your partner to do all the work – Relationships are partnerships and marriage has been described as the ultimate lifelong partnership which you cannot liquidate. If you expect your partner to do all the work you are definitely not ready for marriage.
5. If you are a serial cheater – Cheating is wrong. Always. If you cheat on a regular basis you should most certainly not get married.
Each person on the planet is different and advice that works for one person does not always work for others. In the end you have to take ownership of your own decisions and only you yourself will know if you are ready to get married.