The Ghana Police Services needs commendation for the selfless service they offer to Ghanaians.
Even though the police have been tagged a very corrupt institution, their efforts to ensure a peaceful environment cannot be glossed over.
In this festive season, it is normal for certain undesired circumstances to arise.
Some include theft, sometimes vehicular accident and others.
In all, 14,200 police personnel have been deployed to various regions to ensure a crime-free Christmas.
Get informed about the key things the police would be doing this festive season to ensure a smooth holidays for every Ghanaian.
1. Traffic Management policing: Some policemen would be stationed at major cities across the country to regulate vehicular and human traffic. This will compliment the services already rendered by the Motor Transport and Traffic Directorate (MTTD) department of the Ghana Police Service.
2. Residential area policing: The police are also maximizing residential area policing by patrolling in these areas to see to it that robbery cases are brought to its barest minimum.
3. Escalating highway patrol: In this way, the police will be put in place highway patrol that would protect commuters who would be plying rural and urban roads to do so safely.
4. Community Engagement: The police will ensure to engage, support and cooperate with the public through dialogue and the use of social media.
5. Criminal Hideout Policing: In this festive season, the police will also increase its watch on areas known to be hideout fro criminals.
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident?
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.