One way to truly enjoy Christmas anywhere, is to get out of town for the main festive period, if you can.
In Ghana especially, many people take a trip back to their hometowns to visit family and spend the holidays in the community they grew up in before moving cities.
This week, YEN.com.gh brings you six places that are your best bet to spend the holidays:
1. Accra. It’s no surprise the country’s capital comes to mind. Accra is cosmopolitan city with different opportunities for fun and relaxation, especially for people who don’t live in the city.
2. Ada. This lovely coastal destination just off the Accra-Aflao motorway is a great escape from the bustle of the main capital cities during Christmas. There are many lovely resorts that offer very promising fun activities.
3. Ho. The capital of the Volta Region, Ho is a home, away from home. Lovely people, peace and quiet; a perfect place to just relax and enjoy the calm.
4. Elmina. There is a festival called Edina Bronya which translates to ‘Elmina Christmas’. It adds its own unique element to already festive season, and if you want to experience a different atmosphere and culture, Elmina just might be for you.
5. Aburi.The Eastern Region offers more than one town that will be lively and full of Christmas cheer. From the capital Koforidua, to the popular town of Aburi, the mountains and the fresh green scenery is an escape worth having.
6. Tamale. It might be a bit cooler in the North, but Tamale has a lot to offer in terms of sights and scenery. Visit the Mole Park or relax at the popular Zaina lodge, it is all about you and what you have planned.
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.