From new releases, to scandals, to the sad passing of some of Ghana’s icons, 2017 has been an eventful year with its highs and lows.
Get the latest news in entertainment and politics on YEN.com.gh
However, there are some personalities whose name dominated the headlines since January 2017, and by the search trends on Google, it seems Ghanaians wanted to know more and more about them.
These are eight personalities Ghanaians searched for the most on Google:
1. Afia Schwarzenegger. This of course comes as no surprise. Afia Schwar’s marriage scandal and how she rose above it all nearly broke Ghana’s internet this year.
READ ALSO: Ghanaian nurse takes up modelling to fight discrimination against skin condition
2. Ebony. The dancehall artiste swooped in one act and has since become the hottest topic on everyone’s lips.
3. Medikal. Hiplife artiste Medikal also caused a stir with new music this year, and his relationship with Deborah Vanessa got Ghanaians on social media talking
4. KABA. The death of the Asempa FM presenter was a big blow to Ghanaians at home and abroad. His funeral is slated to take place on December 16.
5. Yahya Jammeh. The Gambian ex-leader who held the country hostage after the elections earlier this year, was a hot debate topic among Ghanaian political pundits across all platforms.
6. Nana Addo. The President of Ghana’s recent comment on the issue of homosexuality in Ghana, Free SHS and the size of his government are just a few of the reasons why he was among the most searched personalities in Ghana.
7. Major Mahama. The incident that shook the nation to its core, the death of the army officer through a horrific mob attack was one of the biggest lows Ghana faced this year. It caused massive public outrage and raised questions about the issue of mob action in Ghana.
8. Christopher Opoku. One of Ghana’s noted sports journalist passed away earlier this year, leaving a sad void in the media industry.
READ ALSO: Ghanaian male celebrities who are single
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.