Ghana has seen quite a lot in the year 2017, from the change in government to scandals and tragedies that rocked the nation.
Get the latest news in entertainment and politics on YEN.com.gh
There have also been some good and heartwarming moments, especially in the lives of some of our favorite celebrities, who were blessed with little bundles of joy.
This week, YEN.com.gh finds Ghanaian celebrities who became parents this year:
1. Yvonne Nelson. One of Ghana’s screen goddesses, Yvonne Nelson delivered her first child, a daughter about a month ago with her boyfriend Jamie Roberts. Yvonne had earlier tried to dismiss the rumors but later revealed all in a magazine interview.
READ ALSO: The top 13 Ghanaian songs in 2017
2. Vivian Jill Lawrence. Kumawood star Vivian Jill had her son Alfie earlier this year. Alfie is the second child of the actress who already has a son from a previous relationship called Clinton.
3. Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Dokud. TV personality and actress Naa Ashorkor had her first child, a son, a few months ago.
4. Trigmatic. Popular Ghanaian musician Trigmatic and his wife, Dita welcomed their baby boy a few days ago.The couple got married in May this year, in an intimate private ceremony in Accra.
5. Gifty Anti. Noted Ghanaian broadcaster and activist, Gifty Anti welcome her baby girl with husband Nana Ansah Kwao IV, about two months ago.
6. Obaapa Christy. Ghanaian gospel singer, Obaapa Christy also welcomed an adorable baby boy a few months ago in the United States.
7. Jon Germain. Former TV presenter Jon Germain was blessed with a lovely son with his wife Nadia this year.
8. Matilda Asare. The Kumawood actress had her baby boy at the beginning of the year and named him after President Akufo-Addo.
READ ALSO: My mum deserves to be buried like a wealthy person
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page