- Renowned lawyer, Ace Ankomah, has outlined the major offences all four boys who defiled a young girl will be charged with
- This shocking development has seen Ghanaians calling for drastic action against these men
Legal practitioner, Ace Ankomah has revealed all possible charges the four teenage boys who took turns in defiling a young girl can be slapped with.
On his Facebook page, the seasoned lawyer outlined six major charges that all perpetrators of the crime will be facing at the court.
1. Defilement : This offence, he believes, is meant for those who penetrated the helpless girl.
2. Attempt: This offense is for those who didn’t or couldn’t penetrate. But in law, they are “liable to be convicted and punished as if the criminal offence has been completed.”
3. Indecent assault: For forcible contact or violation that stopped short of penetration
4. Assault and Battery: Forcibly touching, without consent, and intending to cause harm, pain, or fear, or annoyance to the other
5. Abetment: For directly or indirectly, instigating, commanding, counseling, procuring, soliciting, or in any other manner purposely aiding, facilitating, encouraging, or promoting, whether by a personal act or presence or otherwise
6. Conspiracy: For agreeing to act together for a common purpose
"I can think of several more. Literally, the police and AG are spoilt for choice as to what to charge them with. But I expect a full rape charge for each of them," he revealed.
So far, the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), has started investigations into the defilement of a young girl by four teenagers.
In a four-point press statement, the ASP Olivia Turkson of the Public Relations department of the CID entreated Ghanaians to stop circulating the obscene video stating moves are far advanced to identify and arrest all the perpetrators.
The beginning of the week has been a shocking one for many Ghanaians following a heartbreaking video capturing four teenage boys defiling a girl.
This disturbing video showed how these boys took turns to defile the poor girl as she tried kicking out the boys from her.
The victim who was resisting her attackers all-through the ordeal was restrained from escaping by her abusers who appeared to be having fun with the torture.
This distasteful act comes in the wake of unforgiving acts of defilement cases in Ghana which has seen government receive various concerns over the matter.
To this effect, the government has put out strong and firm moves to deal with defilement int he country. The latest move has been the "I am a He for She" campaign which aims at rallying Ghanaian men against cases of defilement.
“Today, I commit to giving full support to the three-focus area of the HeForShe campaign action platform in Ghana, … and I join millions around the world to stand together to create a bold, visible force for gender equality and say ‘I am a HeForShe,” the President said at the launch here in Accra.
Meanwhile, the police department is expected to take up this troubling development. Ghanaians are calling for massive arrests to be made as the police and gender ministry is yet to officially comment on the matter.
YEN.com.gh is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other.
Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Message us on Facebook now.