It is no news that Ghana is a very religious country and Ghanaians do not joke with issues of morality.
They turn to frown on certain behaviours or habits that are immoral just as the Bible spells out what immorality is.
All major religions practiced in Ghana – Christianity, Islamic, Traditional, others – frown on adultery, fornication, murder and others.
And adultery is one that is not joked with at all, especially when it is a woman at the centre of it.
Over the past years, some female celebrities have been lambasted for allegedly sleeping with other women’s husbands.
Other have been caught in bed with the husbands of colleague celebrities and unsurprisingly, they all came out to deny those allegations.
YEN.com.gh brings you five of these female celebrities who have been accused of snatching or dating men who are already hooked up, or simply, married men.
1. Mzbel and Prince Kofi Amoabeng: The love story of songstress Mzbel and the finance guru, Kofi Amoabeng, was no secret as even children knew about it.
Kofi Amoabeng, former President of the defunct UT Bank, was widely rumoured to be romantically involved with Mzbel.
Mzbel herself confirmed on Delay’s show some few years ago that she has slept with Kofi Amoabeng “a lot of times”.
Delay asked her “So is it true that you sleep with Kofi Amoabeng?” To this Mzbel replied “Oh Yes, a lot of times,” while laughing.
However, the ‘Saucy Girl’ singer who claimed she had started a re-branding mission, last year later denied that she ever slept with Kofi Amoabeng.
According to Mzbel, she only “made up that story to satisfy Ghanaians’ curiosity”
However, speculations were rife that Mzbel’s son, Aaron, was fathered by the businessman but she also denied this and till date no one knows the father of Aaron even though former President John Mahama has also been pointed at as the father of the boy.
2. Ellen White and Dr. Adu Boateng: Dr. Adu Boateng is the Chief Executive Officer of Endpoint Homeopathic Clinic. Kumawood actress Ellen White was allegedly caught in bed with the doctor in a hotel in Dubai at the time that he was still married to Emelia Brobbey.
Though the marriage later hit the rock, Emelia Brobbey expressed shock at the news, while finding it hard to believe that Ellen White, a fellow Kumahood actress and a good friend of hers would betray her that way.
Emelia later disclosed that her marriage with Dr. Adu Boateng was being threatened but she never thought that her own friend was behind the woes she had in the marriage.
As expected, Ellen White came out to deny the allegation.
Meanwhile, the doctor, married a former student of GIMPA whose names was given as Korkor at a private ceremony when Emelia was not aware.
3. Berla Mundi and two married men: Just before 2017 went away, actress Yvonne Nelson set the internet on fire when she ‘exposed’ Berla Mundi of dating a married man. The name, of this married man, though, was not mentioned.
The rumour was further fueled by Afia Schwarzenegger, who also accused the GHONE presenter of dating another married man, bringing the number of Berla’s married men to two.
Afia Schwarzenegger mentioned the name of one of the married men as Mr. Adams who is also a politician. Some entertainment enthusiasts have concluded that the Mr. Adams could be NDC’s Kofi Adams; but YEN cannot say if this is true.
Since these allegations were made against Berla, she has not said anything to deny or confirm. Since she has claimed to be a virgin, the revelations by Afia Schwarzenegger and Yvonne Nelson really shocked Ghanaians.
4. Yvonne Nelson and Jamie Roberts: Actress Yvonne Nelson has a baby girl with her baby daddy, Jamie Roberts, who is said to be a professional British photographer.
Jamie was said to be married to a Nigerian lady who Yvonne snatched him from. But he has denied ever being married.
Yvonne and her baby daddy are reported to be living in Accra and the two have not ceased to litter social media with ‘lovey-dovey’ photos of themselves to show that they are really in love.
5. Patience Nyarko and Mr. Kumi Wilson: Patience Nyarko is a gospel musician and Mr. Kumi Wilson of Trust Music Production is her manager.
However, the wife of Mr. Kumi believes that the relationship between Patience and her husband extends beyond business and for that matter, has accused Patience of snatching her husband and ruining her marriage.
The manager immediately after the reports went viral denied the allegations, insisting that he has only business to do with the gospel musician and nothing else..
Want to be featured on YEN? Get interactive via our Facebook page