Do you always dream of travelling and discovering new cultures and nationalities across the globe? Well, there are Ghana passport visa free countries that you can visit.
The visa-free entry upon arrival for Ghanaian citizens in some countries was authorized on July 2, 2019. In normal cases, when travelling outside the country, a visa is one of the first requirements to put in your travel plan. However, there are many countries that you can visit without a visa for some days.
Ghana passport visa free countries in Africa 2020
Ghana is among the countries in Africa that have a visa-free travel policy. This is because it is among the members of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). This usually grants its citizens a free stay in any other member state of the ECOWAS for 90 days.
Which countries can Ghana passport go without visa? African countries that do not require Ghanaian visas are:
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde Niger
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- Ivory Coast
Some of the visa free African countries that you can visit for one month (30 days) as a Ghanaian are:
- Cape Verde
Other African countries that a Ghanaian passport holder can visit for 90 days (three months) without a visa are:
- Benin Republic
Is Ghana visa free to USA?
No. However, the United States of America introduced visa-free travel to the citizens of designated countries of which Ghana is not on the list.
Which are the designated countries?
According to the US Embassy in Ghana, visa-free travel was introduced to allow citizens of the designated countries enter the USA under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
This has made it easier and possible for many travellers to visit the USA on transit, holiday travel, and business trips. The designated countries are:
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- San Marino
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
Ghana passport visa free countries outside Africa
Have you travelled around Africa and want to explore abroad? Do you want to know the visa-free countries for Ghana that are overseas? Well, we have provided you with great country options and the days to stay without a visa.
Some of the overseas visa free countries to visit for one month (30 days) are:
- Vanuatu (the country is located in Oceania)
- Cambodia (located in Asia)
- Singapore (located in Asia)
- Tuvalu (the country is found in Oceania)
- Palau (the country is located in Oceania)
- Philippines (located in Asia)
- Indonesia (located in southeast Asia)
- Micronesia(the country is located in Oceania)
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (the country is located in the Caribbean)
- Maldives (located in South Asia)
- Trinidad and Tobago (the country is located in the Caribbean, Visa not required for 30 days)
The full list of Ghana passport visa free countries that you can visit for three months (90 days):
- Belize (the state is in Central America)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis (located in North America)
- Bangladesh (the country in South Asia)
- Ecuador (the country in South America)
- Bolivia (the country in South America)
- Grenada (located in North America)
- Haiti (located in North America)
- Nicaragua (the state is in Central America)
Other visa free countries for Ghana passport holders to visit in 2020 are:
- Fiji (the country is in Oceania, visa-free for four months)
- Samoa (the country is in Oceania, entry permit on arrival for 60 days)
- Saint Lucia (the country is in the Caribbean, visa not required for six weeks)
- Iran (the country is located in the Middle East, there is no visa required)
2020 list of countries you can visit using an electronic visa
It is great and encouraging to see that many countries have started to implement technology and the internet in their visa regulations. This means that you do not have to travel long distances to visit the embassy in the capital city to get your visa.
As long as you have a reliable internet connection, you will be good to go. This is because things have been made more accessible, and you can apply for the visa online. Some of the countries that you can visit as a Ghanaian passport holder with an electronic entry visa in 2020 are:
- Djibouti (located in the northeast coast of the Horn of Africa)
- Sao Tome and Principe (located in central Africa)
- Antigua and Barbuda (located in the Caribbean)
- Bahrain (it is found in the Middle East)
- Cambodia (it is found in Asia, Electronic Visa for 30 days)
- Comoros (located in East Africa)
- Gabon (the country is in Central Africa)
- Georgia (the country is at the intersection of Europe and Asia)
- India (located in Asia, Electronic Visa for 60 days)
- Kyrgyzstan (the country is in Central Asia)
- Lesotho (located in Southern Africa)
- Myanmar(the country is in Asia, Electronic visa for 28 days)
- Zambia (located in Africa, electronic visa for 90 days)
- Qatar (located in Middle East Asia)
- Suriname (the country is located in South America)
- Uzbekistan (located in Central Asia)
- Pakistan (the country is found in Southern Asia
What do you need to have when travelling visa-free?
It is vital to know that, even if you are travelling visa-free in any of the countries/territories listed above, you need to have other standard travel documents. Always put the following travel documents in your travel plan:
- You need to have a valid health certificate.
- Ensure that you have proof of a return ticket.
- You should also have evidence of accommodation reservation.
- You should have an international passport. It should be valid for at least six months.
- Evidence of basic travelling allowance enough to cover your entire stay in the territory or the country of your choice.
Ghanaian passport holders have been given access to many countries across the globe without a visa. This has made it possible to travel outside the country for many reasons, such as business and tourism. Check your destination country in the above 2020 list of Ghana passport visa free countries today. You can decide to book your ticket, knowing that you will not have to apply for a visa.
Netherlands visa is among the most popular Google searches, and this is because the country is always on demand, especially for academic reasons. It offers high-quality education for both local and international students. If you wish to further your studies abroad, think of the Netherlands and apply for a visa today.