I blew the cover of $3.2m luxury car owner – Ketu South MCE

I blew the cover of $3.2m luxury car owner – Ketu South MCE

- The MCE says he personally informed National Security about the two smuggled vehicles

- Mr Elliot Agbenorwu claims he has warned the owner of the vehicles earlier on over a similar act

Yen.com.gh brings to you the latest news in Ghana

The Municipal Chief Executive of Ketu South, Elliot Agbenorwu, has disclosed that he blew the cover of one Mr Darlington, the alleged owner of the two Luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles impounded by the BNI.

Mercedes Benz vehicles

Both cars are estimated to cost $3.2 million Photo credit: Myjoyonline.com

READ ALSO: Judge throws out Wisa out of court

A joint security personnel from the National Security and Customs on Monday, impounded an expensive white Mercedes Benz 300 SL and a black Mercedes Benz 190 SL, allegedly smuggled into the country.

According to preliminary investigations, the vehicles were smuggled through the Aflao border to avoid a GHC 900,000 duty under the pretext of presenting it to the president as gift.

However, the MCE whose residence was used to keep the smuggled cars told security officials that though the vehicles were retrieved from his residence, he does not have any knowledge of it.

Mr Agbenorwu insisted that he currently does not live in that house since the facility is under renovation.

The MCE who was clearly not happy about the criminal activity disclosed that on January 6, 2018 he had reports that the cars were parked in his residence and found out that the vehicles belong to a certain Mr Darlington.

I blew the cover of $3.2m luxury car owner – Ketu South MCE

One of the seized vehicles. Photo credit: Citifmonline.com

READ ALSO: Afia Schwarzenegger drops another damning video on Owusu Bempah

He added that upon his further investigations, he uncovered that the vehicle owner had done a similar thing in June 2017, after he had warned against similar acts.

Mr Agbenorwu said he then got angry and subsequently informed the BNI and the police about the incident leading to the seizure of the luxury cars.

“So when they called me that it was the same guy, I got furious and called the assistant commissioner, Mr Eshun that there is something happening at my residence so he should move in with his men and check the vehicles whether they have genuine papers covering them…I also called the BNI, Mr. Banson that he should also move in and check what is happening in my residence,” the MCE said.

“I called the Denu Police Commander and they initially put a detention on the vehicle and the following day the detention was converted to seizure and the vehicles were sent to Accra,” Mr Agbenorwu told Starr News.

READ ALSO: National Security seizes luxury cars valued at $3.2million

YEN.com.gh is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Message us on Facebook now

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
Afia Schwar reveals which tribe has capable men when it comes to 'proper bedmatics’

Afia Schwar reveals which tribe has capable men when it comes to 'proper bedmatics’

Afia Schwar reveals which tribe has capable men when it comes to 'proper bedmatics’
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel