I was not arrested – George Darko dismisses reports

I was not arrested – George Darko dismisses reports

- Legendary High-life musician, George Darko, has debunked earlier reports that he has been arrested

- According to him, operatives from the National Security only raided his palace for 'inspection'

- George Darko, also a chief, has decried the raid as 'rambo style' which is unfortunate

Click here for the latest news

Earlier on Wednesday, news broke out that veteran high-life musician George Darko had been arrested by National Security Operatives.

George Darko performs on stage

READ ALSO: Zylofon sharing money like bread; take and spend it – Enoch Agyapong advises

But the musician who also doubles as a chief has dismissed the reports of his arrest by the security operatives at the Okuapehene palace.

According to him, he was only sent to Koforidua but has since returned to the palace.

The veteran musician, who is also the Tufuhene of Akropong-Akuapim, with stool name Nana Yaw Ampem Darko, however, confirmed a raid of the palace by persons believed to be National Security operatives.

READ ALSO: Shatta Wale dazzles in African-inspired suit and the internet cannot have enough of it

The operation at the palace, 3news.com gathered, is a follow-up on intelligence that there is a cache of arms stored by a faction in the raging chieftaincy dispute.

Nana Yaw Ampem Darko was not happy with the manner in which the raid was conducted, describing it as too Rambo style.

They have desecrated the palace,” he said, adding that doors were broken while his attic was climbed into; they took us all away and later on brought us back,” George Darko said.

There has been a dispute over the rightful successor to Oseadeeyo Addo Dankwa III, who joined his ancestors in 2015, having reigned for 41 years.

READ ALSO: Lilwin enrolls in computer School

There are two claimants to the Ofori Kuma Stool – Obuobi Atiemo II and Odehye Kwadwo Kesseh Antwi.

A Koforidua court placed an injunction on any of the factions entering the Okuapehene palace.

George Darko commended the swift reaction of the security operatives to the suspicion of arms, saying prevention is better than cur,e but was only not happy with the modus operandi.

He suspected that some powers within the government are behind Wednesday’s action.

READ ALSO: Deborah Vanessa releases romantic photo with Medikal

Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?

Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
"Soldier" climbs MTN mast and threatens to kill rescuers after getting high on Tramadol

"Soldier" climbs MTN mast and threatens to kill rescuers after getting high on Tramadol

"Soldier" climbs MTN mast and threatens to kill rescuers after getting high on Tramadol
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel