Everyone deserves a treat after a long day’s work, and beef sauce is the way to go. The sauce is a combination of beef pieces with several ingredients and beef sauce has different tastes depending on the ingredients used. This delicacy can be eaten alone or served with rice, yams or any other food.
Ghanaian Beef sauce recipe
To prepare beef sauce, you must have the following ingredients:
- Shredded beef
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- White pepper
- Kpakpo shito
- Garlic powder
- Ginger paste
- 3 carrots
- 1 piece of cabbage
Preparation of beef sauce
- Shred your beef. Shredding helps in creating a very soft texture of the meat. When in small pieces, the meat can be tossed very easily and its flavor can be felt in the meal.
- Add garlic powder, ginger paste, soy sauce, Kpakpo shito, salt and the pepper into a container. Mix them thoroughly. Then marinade the beef with the mixture of these spices. Leave it for at least 15 minutes to ensure proper absorption of the mixture into the meat. The spices added should be proportional to the amount of meat or the taste that you desire. Too much of the ingredients might make the sauce sour while small amounts might not generated the required taste.
- Pour a spoonful of olive oil to a pan and let it heat.
- Add the marinated beef to the pan. Turn severally to prevent the meat from sticking to the pan.
- After the meat has cooked for a while, add some water. Cover the pan until the water boils and almost dry from the pan. You can also add wine for improved taste.
- Add carrots that have been cut into small pieces. When they become soft, you can add cabbage or any other firm vegetable and let it cook for some time. You have to keep turning the food. Vegetables help in ensuring that the sauce is thick.
Your food is now ready. You can serve it with rice, yams, potatoes or spaghetti.
The steps above outline how to prepare beef sauce in Ghana. It is a simple and delicious meal that takes very few minutes to prepare. If you are used to eating dry beef, making a sauce out of it can be very amazing. You just need to add some ingredients to thicken the sauce and follow the guidelines above. Remember, the amounts of spices and vegetables used should be proportional to the beef used.
Nutritional value of beef sauce
Beef sauce is very nutritious. On its own, beef contains proteins that are used to build the body. The vegetable ingredients also have minerals and vitamins that facilitate proper functioning of the body. However, too much consumption of anything is poisonous. As such, beef sauce should be consumed in considerable amounts. Additionally, the spices used might not be useful to some people. People who are allergic to the spices used should consider using vegetables alone.