Lydia Contraceptive Pill is widely used as the go-to solution whenever one is looking for an emergency contraceptive. This emergency pill (e-Pill) or the morning after pill is commonly used by women as a precautionary method against unwanted pregnancies in the possible event of unprotected sex. The Lydia contraceptive pill is not used as a daily contraceptive pill and should be used once in a while as it might pose a challenge if used regularly. This post highlights everything you need to know about the pill.
How to Use Lydia Contraceptive Pill
The best-prescribed methods or common ways of taking these pills include;
- Taking the two tablets at the same time or alternatively taking one tablet as soon as possible preferably within 24 hours then taking the second tablet after 12 hours.
- One should also note that you need to take the pills within five days that is (120 hours). The effectiveness of this second method is not fully guaranteed past the usual 24-hour time limit. Physicians will prefer it if it is taken within the recommended hours.
In case of a situation where you end up vomiting after consuming Lydia contraceptive pills, it is advisable to repeat the dosage.
Effects of Lydia Contraceptive Pill
The effects of taking Lydia postpill can be quite similar to most of the contraceptives that are used. Below are some of the ones that we have been able to get from this very contraceptive.
- The most common effects that one is likely to experience is having a throbbing ahead and feeling slightly dizzy. It is advised that you stay in a well-ventilated place and mostly at a comfortable place once you take these drugs.
- Lydia contraceptive pill can also cause breast tenderness in some users though this is not the most common one.
- This pill can also bring a change in your menstrual flow; whereby, the flow can be heavy or much lighter than they were before and sometimes causes spotting too while causing a delay in your menses as well.
- Nausea and vomiting are among the most common effects that are likely to be experienced when using Lydia contraceptive pills. The best thing is that this can be reduced by taking the pills at intervals of 12 hours.
- Lower abdominal pains are also some of the side effects that this magic pill brings. Especially if you are one of the lucky ones who has never had the experience of cramps. This pills can also make you very tired hence you need to be much hydrated and have some rest too.
The best part is that these symptoms usually end in a matter of days if the symptoms persist you will have to seek medical help.
How Effective is Lydia Contraceptive Pill?
This magic pill as some of us know it for is one of a kind; its effectiveness is up to 90% if used at the right time and according to the dosage. It helps prevent pregnancy by slowing down the ovulation process. This postpill is most effective when used within 24hrs after having unprotected intercourse.
You may be at risk of pregnancy if you have sex again after taking the postpill since there is a high chance of active sperms lingering in the fallopian tube just waiting to speed in action once they sense the release of an egg. It is advisable to use other forms of contraception like condoms after you have taken the Lydia contraceptive pill.