Anyone who has ever organized a gathering, especially a casual one, or anyone who has ever attended a social gathering will tell you that finding a drink that suits or is loved by everybody can be hard. Well you don’t have to worry about that anymore. We present to you sobolo!
Sobolo drink is a very tasty, beautifully colored and extremely medicinal drink that is made from the dried leaves of the Hibiscus plant.
Benefits of Sobolo drink
Sobolo drink, in addition to being so tasty, it is also medicinal as it contains several. Sobolo health benefits include;
- It helps keep blood pressure regulated – studies have showed that sobolo drink reduced chances of high blood pressure because of the anti-inflammatory nature of the Hibiscus plant.
- Helps in cutting cholesterol levels in the body – studies have shown that the availability of antioxidants in the Hibiscus plant help in lowering the bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body
- Reduces menstrual cramps – sobolo drink should be every woman’s favorite drink! This is because of its ability to balance hormones. In addition to easing the cramp pains, the hormonal balance ensures that effects that come with menstruation like depression, overreaction and mood swings are kept at bay.
- Aids in weight control – Hibiscus tea aids the effective functioning of the bladder and bowel. Effective digestion helps in weight control. It also ensures reduced cases of constipation.
- It is useful for diabetes patients – sobolo drink helps control the level of sugar in the blood.
There are also, in addition to the benefits, side effects of the sobolo drink. They include;
- It affects pregnant women – you may ask is sobolo good for pregnancy? Well sobolo drink affect pregnancy in a negative way. The ability of the Hibiscus plant to lower estrogen in the body may lead to complications during pregnancy. You are advised to avoid sobolo drink when you are expectant.
- Some persons get light headed after taking sobolo drink.
- For people with low blood pressure, sobolo drink will lower the blood pressure more.
- For cancer patients, sobolo drink may negate the effects of chemotherapy. So if you are undergoing chemotherapy you are advised to keep off sobolo drink.
READ ALSO:Health benefits of bitter leaf juice and stem
How to prepare sobolo with pineapple drink.
after the advantages and side effects of the sobolo drink, now you get to know how to prepare sobolo drink with pineapple.
Ingredients of sobolo drink with pineapples.
You will require;
- One cup of dried Hibiscus leaves
- Five cups of boiling water
- Three table spoons of sugar
- One cup fresh pineapple juice
- Half a cup of ground ginger.
The sobolo drink recipe
- First, take four cups of water and let them boil.
- After you are satisfied it is boiled, take the water and pour it in a different bowl. Place the Hibiscus leaves in the bowl and let it sit for about 45 minutes. You will notice the water changing to a deep red color.
- Once it has brewed to your satisfaction, separate the leaves from the liquid.
- In a different bowl, pour boiled water. Pour 3 table spoons of sugar to the water and stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Take the one cup of fresh pineapple juice and the ginger and pour it in the sugar and water mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to the sobolo juice and whisk together thoroughly.
- Let it cool for 2 hours. It should be uncovered at this time.
- Pour yourself a glass and relax
READ ALSO:Health benefits of bitter kola