Courses in the University of Ghana are offered only to individuals who meet the minimum requirements specified by the university.
University of Ghana Courses and Cut off Points
The University of Ghana courses are divided among four major colleges;
- The College of Health Sciences
- The College of Applied Sciences
- The College of Humanities
- The College of Education
University of Ghana Courses and Requirements
Below is a list of the University of Ghana Courses and requirements.
University of Ghana Legon Courses
You should know that all courses require you to have attained a credit pass in the specific subjects to be eligible for admission.
In the college of Applied Sciences courses offered are in the fields of:
- Engineering courses- elective mathematics and any two of either Chemistry, technical Drawing and physics
- Agricultural courses – the requirements vary from course to course. But there are subjects that are a requirement in all the different bachelor programs under agriculture. They include; Elective mathematics, chemistry, biology, general agriculture and physics.
- Biological sciences – biology, physics, chemistry and elective mathematics
- Veterinary medicine – chemistry, biology and physics or elective mathematics
- Physical and Mathematical related sciences – physics, chemistry and elective mathematics.
In the college of Humanities courses offered include:
- Arts – for you to qualify for a certain Bachelors program, you are required to have a specific WASSCE subject relevant to that course and any other two subjects to qualify.
- In Bachelor of Arts in Economics, mathematics or statistics and Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science it’s a requirement to have Elective Mathematics
- for Bachelor of Arts in English you are required to have English Literature
- in Bachelor of Arts in French you are required to have French
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography you are required to have Geography.
- Performing arts – any three subjects
- Business – any three subjects
- Law – any three subjects
In the College of Education courses offered include;
Bachelor of Arts in Education in ;
- English – at least grade B3 in English and any three electives.
- Non-teaching – any three electives
- Mathematics – at least have a grade B2 in Elective Mathematics and any three other electives
- Biology – at least have a grade B3 in Biology and any other three electives
- chemistry – at least have a grade B3 in chemistry and any other three electives
- physics – at least have a grade B3 in physics and any other three electives
Other courses offered are;
BS in Business Administration - three electives and a total aggregate mark not exceeding 24
Bachelor of Arts – three electives and a total aggregate mark not exceeding 30
BS in Nursing – diploma in nursing with a Final Grade Point Average of not less than 2.5.
University of Ghana Korle Bu Courses
Korle Bu campus hosts the university’s Medical school. Courses offered include;
- Bachelor of Dental surgery and Bachelor of Medicine and surgery – chemistry and any two from physics, elective mathematics and biology.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy – chemistry, biology, or one of physics and elective mathematics.
- Biological and Allied Health Sciences – chemistry, physics, biology, elective mathematics
- Bachelor of Nursing – Chemistry, physics, biology, elective mathematics, general arts, general arts electives, food and nutrition
READ ALSO: University of Ghana Legon fees
University of Ghana Courses and cut off points.
Bachelor of Science in;
- Dental Laboratory Sciences -14
- Dietetics -14
- Medical Laboratory -14
- Occupational Therapy -14
- Physiotherapy -14
- Radiography -14
- Nursing -11
- Agricultural Engineering -17
- Biomedical Engineering -12
- in Computer Engineering -11
- Food Process Engineering -15
- Material Science and Engineering -21
- Agriculture -17
- Agricultural Extension -24
- Family and Consumer Sciences -24
- Animal Biology and Conservation Science -15
- Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology -22
- Botany -24
- Marine & Fisheries Sciences -24
- Nutrition and Food Science -16
- Psychology -18
- Information Technology -14
- Earth Science -16
- Chemistry -20
- Actuarial Science -12
- Mathematics -20
- Statistics -16
- Computer Science -12
- Physics -24
- Business Administration -10
- Laws -7
- Fine Arts -20
- Medicine and Surgery - 6
- Dental surgery – 7
- Pharmacy -8
READ ALSO: University of Ghana distance learning