The infamous noni juice is a supplement extracted from the exotic fruit which is known to possess high antioxidants. Noni juice uses in Ghana have been reported to be the cure of many fatal diseases.
Although there is insufficient scientific evidence to back up these claims, many Ghanaians have taken noni juice as a supplementary to their diet. It was traditionally used to help in cleansing of the body’s immune system. It was also believed to detoxify the body against harmful chemicals.
The tropical plant is indigenous to the South Asian countries but it has found its way in Ghana due to the favorable climatic conditions necessary for its growth and survival. Noni juice is not manufactured in companies and distributed across the country. Noni juice benefits are normally replicated at the back of the manufacturers bottles.
During noni juice preparation, add some other ingredients and fruits to the mixture in order to achieve a nutritious and refreshing healthy drink. Noni fruit has a bitter and mild taste when blended on its own.
How to Make Noni Juice
Noni Juice Ingredients
- ½ cup noni fruit, diced
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ pineapple, diced
- 1 ripe mango, chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A few ice cubes
- Wash the noni fruit and peel off the skin. Cut the peeled noni fruit into small pieces and add in a blender
- Cut the banana into small-bite pieces and add to the blender.
- Chop the pineapple into small pieces similar to the noni fruit.
- Peel the mango, and cut into small pieces and add to the blender.
- Cut the lemon into two halves. Using a squeezer, squeeze the lemon into the mixture in the blender. Lemon brings that sweet-bitter taste in the juice. It also neutralizes all the acids in the mixture.
- Add the almond milk to the blender. You can also use regular milk or even water if you can’t afford almond milk. The main reason for using almond milk is to help in creating the consistency and flow of the liquid. It also helps to make it easier to blend.
- Add your honey to bring out that sweet taste.
- Add the crushed ice cubes.
- Blend the mixture evenly until a smooth consistency forms.
- Remove the mixture from the blender, and run through a sieve.
- Discard any leftover pulp and fruit fibers then serve in glasses.
READ ALSO:How to make groundnut paste at home
Note: Before taking the refreshing drink, it is important to take note that noni juice vitamins include potassium which is hazardous for people with kidney problems.
Noni juice in Ghana is used to treat arthritis. It has been proven that noni juice helps alleviate pain caused by arthritis. It reduces joint tension as a result of its analgesic properties. It also used by patients and athletes in boosting energy in their bodies. Many people refer to it as an energy drink since it boosts the energy levels in the body thus increasing the physical performance of the body.
Noni juice is rich in antioxidants, this helps in the prevention of diseases that cause cell damage. The antioxidants also when applied on the skin, act as a moisturizer. It gets rid of dead cells on your skin and it replenishes it naturally. It also helps protect your skin from damage. It also has Vitamin C and selenium which have been scientifically proven to help fight free radicals thus preserving skin elasticity. At the end, the end effect of aging are reversed and you maintain a young look.
Research is currently investigating on claims that noni juice can prevent cancer. Noni juicevitamins have a tumor fighting and immune stimulating property. With these many nutritional values, include noni juice in your diet today.