The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) are located in Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana. KNUST is a public university that invites students to study various disciplines by choosing to undertake their desired degree program. It has a reputation of being the largest university in the larger Kumasi and Ashanti areas.
It has lived up to the expectations bestowed to such a reputable university by offering high quality education to both national and international students. It offers courses in the following disciplines;
- Environmental studies
- Health related sciences
- Scientific studies
KNUST boasts of affiliate universities which when added come to a total of 11 institutions. Every year successful applicant is invited to do the course they wish. They are notified through the KNUST admission list which is posted online. KNUST accepts admission for three categories of applicants;
- Undergraduate applicants(includes international students)
- Postgraduate applicants(includes international students)
- Distance learning applicants – these may either be applying for diploma courses, undergraduate or postgraduate programs.
READ ALSO:Best universities in Ghana ranking
KNUST admission list 2020
The knust list is a very anticipated list, with most asking , when will KNUST admission list be out?. Below is the KNUST application list of 2017 overview for the number of people admitted to the various programs;
- International students – 50 international students were shortlisted for the various courses. The course include; Law, Doctor of Pharmacy, Statistics, Mechanical Engineering, Nursing, Civil Engineering, Biological sciences and Medicine
- Fee paying Local students – 50 students were shortlisted for the various courses. The courses include; political studies, sociology, computer science, petroleum engineering, Social work, Actuarial science. It also included fee paying applicants with foreign results. Courses offered to these 50 shortlisted applicants include; sociology, law, midwifery, computer engineering, nursing.
- Applicants from schools that are less endowed – this takes applicants from the Ashanti region that comes from less endowed schools. The 50 shortlisted applicants were invited to study several disciplines including; political studies, fashion design, history, Geography and Rural Development, economics, real estate.
- Nurses and Midwifery Training College (NMTC) upgrade- it consisted of 50 shortlisted applicants who were admitted to do diploma courses that are associated with nursing and midwifery.
The postgraduate program offers opportunities to international and local applicants wishing to master or advance their education further.
- International students – 50 shortlisted applicants were offered slots to pursue studies in Masters and PHD courses.
- Ghanaian students - 50 shortlisted Ghanaian applicants were offered slots to pursue studies in Masters and PHD courses.
Distance learning is applicable to applicants who cannot attend classes physically. It offers diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
READ ALSO:University of Ghana's notable alumni
Frequently asked questions
There are some frequently asked questions regarding the KNUST admission list. Some of them are
- When will KNUST admission list be released?
- Is KNUST admission list out? The official one?
Well, the exact date is not yet set. But you can check on the KNUST website or go on to this link. You will get frequent updates on the application process.