Chicken sauce is a dish prepared by cooking chicken with soy sauce, vegetables, and other ingredients. It is a very common dish in Ghana. Many people prefer eating it with rice, yams or any other carbohydrates.
It is a very delicious meal and very easy to cook. Cooking it at home allows you to make it according to your satisfaction. Here’s a recipe of how to prepare chicken sauce.
How to prepare chicken sauce for white rice
In most cases people prefer taking it with rice since the combination is very tasty
- Green Pepper
- 1 Onion
- Tomato sauce
- Chicken pieces
- Seasoning spices
How to prepare chicken sauce for rice
- Pour butter into the pan on heat.
- Cut the green pepper, parsley, and garlic and add them to the pan. Keep stirring until they are cooked.
- Add the tomato sauce to the mixture and stir. Then chop the tomatoes and asparagus and add into the pan. Keep turning so that the food does not stick to the pan.
- Add your chicken. Remember to put it in small pieces so that it can blend well with the mixture.
- Add the seasoning spices and salt, stir and add a little amount of water. Adding a lot of water can make the sauce runny.
- Cover the food and the let the food boil for 15 minutes. Ensure that the heat is low.
- When the sauce becomes thick, remove it from heat and add basil.
- Your chicken sauce is now ready to eat. You can serve it with freshly boiled white rice.
- The chicken sauce recipe outlined above is very easy to follow. By following the guidelines, you can make delicious chicken sauce easily. Fortunately, the ingredients used are accessible. You will also require a short amount of time to prepare the dish. Have fun trying out the recipe at home.
Nutritional value of chicken sauce
Besides being a delicious meal, the chicken sauce has a lot of health benefits. The chicken sauce has nutrients such as fiber, potassium, fats, proteins, sodium, and carbohydrates. It is estimated that a cup of chicken sauce has 30% vitamin A, 4% vitamin C, 12% iron and 4% calcium. Proteins and vitamins are essential for enabling organs to function well. Fiber is also important as it prevents a person from constipating. However, due to elements such as fats, this meal is not suitable for people who want to lose weight. As such, it should be consumed in considerable amounts.