-A 32-year-old man has died in the Eastern Region after drinking two bottles of Akpeteshie at a go
-Kwame Asirifi took the drink in an attempt to win a GHC30 prize money
-Police have started investigations into the matter
A man has died after consuming two bottles of the two bottles of locally distilled gin, ‘Akpeteshie’, YEN.com.gh has gathered.
Kwame Asirifi, a 32-year-old resident of Asuakoso, a suburb of Akyem Hemang in the Eastern Region took the drink as part of contest between him and friend.
YEN.com.gh heard from the Assemblyman of the area, Johnson Appiah on Adom FM that, Asirifri had been promised an amount of GH¢30 if he could finish the two bottles.
But after gulping down the last drop, the deceased started gasping for breath and slumped to the ground.
Instead of attending to him, onlookers ignored him apparently because they thought he was feigning the collapse.
After realising the situation was rather serious, those around prompted the assemblyman who asked his wife to give Asirifi some food.
The deceased's condition, the assemblyman, continued, failed to improve and was rushed to Hawa Memorial Hospital where he died shortly after being admitted.
The incident is said to have been reported to the police who have commenced investigations.
YEN.com.gh understands the two persons reported to have dared him to drink the bottles of gin in return for the paltry amount are nowhere to be found
Your stories and photos are always welcome.