The Ghana fire service is an agency that was found under the Ministry of Interior. Headed by Albert Brown Gaisie, it has a total employage of 18000 and was born in 1997.Their annual fire service recruitment is about to commence as the ministry has already released the requirement for the various categories of the 2018/2019 year.
Eligible Ghanaians are advised to apply in order to score the main goal of the organization ‘To Save Lives and Property from the Ravages of Disaster.’The recruitment for fire service has however some requirements that have to be met in order to earn yourself a Place among the servicemen that are going to be picked for this year.
We shall look at some of these most essential requirements for the service hand in hand with those for the main positions, academic as well as physical. So for one to be the Ghana fire service recruitment, requirements are;
- Have a citizenship of Ghana by birth.
- Be not less than 18 years and not more than 30 years of age. Should be an Officer Corps applicant as of 1 January 2018.
- Be with no criminal record and be of splendid character.
- Be of no less than 18 years for Non-tradesmen and 35 years for mechanic or driver applicants.
- Should have attained Fire department standards of medical health and physical fitness.
- Have a minimum height of 1.73 meters (males) and 1.63 meters(females).
In addition to the most basic eligibilities;
One should have a minimum of a HND from an accredited university in the following listed available career spaces;
- Engineers; Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Architectural, Electrical or Building Technology from an accredited institution.
- Forensic Scientists; Physics, Computer Science, Bio-chemistry of accredited institutions.
- Estate officers
- Transport and Workshop Officers.
- Human Resource Officers.
READ ALSO: How to calculate ssnit contribution
The positions above have been already advertised. Others include.
- Registered General Nurses.
Applicant must all have a minimum of a degree in Nursing from An accredited tertiary institution.
Applicants must have a minimum of a degree in Counseling from an accredited tertiary institution
- Public Relation Officers
Applicants must have a minimum of a degree in Public Relation. Journalism or Communication Studies from an accredited institution
For law one must have an LLB from known institutions. They should also not be above 35 years of age.
It is only fair that I do also point out the gh fire service recruitment mode of application and reception of results. Since the National Fire Service no longer sells the Ghana fire service recruitment forms, then they have to be obtained online.
- Visit http://www.joingnfs.com using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Read through the entry requirements satisfactorily and click Apply Now.
- Enter your e-voucher serial, pin-code an select your type of qualification and click on SUBMIT
- After that enter all required personal details and upload your passport size photo(200 *180)and move to NEXT.
- Put your Educational/Academic qualification and upload scanned copies of the following documents:
- BECE Certificate.
- WASSCE or TECH/VOC Certificate
- File sizes of the above documents should be uploaded with passport photos in the JPEG and PNG formats
- For confirmation, click on the PREVIEW button and make any modifications if necessary. Remember mistakes can be costly.
- Click on the SUBMIT button and wait for a confirmation via SMS or e-mail that your application has been received.
- Print a copy of this that will be submitted at the nearest regional center during the screening and examination.
After all that it is important to note that the Ministry has slated the start of the fire service recruitment 2018 and 2019 for July. Though better being early.
READ ALSO: Names of ministers in Ghana and their ministries