The United States of America through The Department of State organizes an annual program dubbed ‘DV lottery’. This program was designed with an aim of awarding citizenship to applicants coming from countries with a significantly low immigration rate to the United States. This particular program is backed by law in the Immigration and Nationality Act section 203 ( c) of the United States.
DV lottery 2
Being an annual event, the DV lottery 2018 registration period was set from October 4th, 2016 to 7th November 2016. Only the People from eligible countries were allowed to apply. The eligibility criteria used as the DV lottery 2018 entry was based on the number of people from a certain country whose immigration numbers to the United States stood at more than 50,000 people in the past five years. There were a total of eighteen(18) countries whose citizens were held ineligible to apply. They were;
- Inland born Chinese citizens
- Dominican Republic
- South Korea
- El Salvador
- United kingdom with an exception given to Northern Ireland
DV lottery 2018 entry requirements
READ ALSO US to create jobs for Ghanaian youth
The DV lottery 2018 eligible countries were then given guidelines on how to apply. The entry requirements were specified as follows;
- For you to be eligible you must be a native born of a country whose citizens are allowed to apply.
In the event you are not a native born of an eligible country, there is still a way you can qualify.
- You can qualify if you prove that your spouse is a native born of an eligible country. In this case, you will both automatically apply if your name is specified in the application form as the spouse.
- If one of your parents was born in a country that is eligible, you may apply for the program. I regardless of whether you and your parents are living in a country that is not eligible.
The education requirement was set at a 12 year education period minimum. That means you must have had a total 12 years studying at different levels at the time of registration. The alternative one was a two year minimum work experience. It must be within a period of 5 years at the time of application in a field that required a minimum of 2 years training.
After having satisfied any of these requirements, you now had to fill a form with all your details and then wait for the results.
DV Lottery 2018 status check
After a successful application, the applications were then received by the Department of State and were sorted out. The DV lottery 2018 results were released online. The DV lottery 2018 status check is now available online at the US Department of State website. The applicants have until the 30th of September 2018 to make their status check and see if they are in the DV lottery 2018 register for those who were selected.