Being a woman in Ghana comes with so many pressures. In fact, most women are often burdened with the pain of having to get a man in her life especially as she gradually heads towards the age of 30.
The Ghanaian culture often impresses on the women to get married and start a family but in real facts, there are far more pressing issues that every single Ghanaian woman must consider before marriage and more importantly before hitting the age of 30.
We explore some key issues and plans that every single Ghanaian woman would have to achieve before the magic age of 30.
1. Open an investment account to help you become financially stable
2. Have a regular and thorough health check-up against cervical and breast cancer
3. Sign on to a gym class
4. Learn how to prepare at least two local dishes
5. Have a close male friend who gives you advice
6. Have at least one reliable job
7. Own at least one book which gives advice about relationships
8. Have a strong faith you believe in
9. Hone a skill that you can make money from
10. Be as independent as possible
Beyond these major points, every single Ghanaian woman may also want to consider how not to remain a burden to family and friends.
Remember it is all about your freedom and rights as a single Ghanaian woman.
READ ALSO: Kumchacha fights Patapaa over Ebony's death
Star Gist on YEN brings you an exclusive interview with upcoming music star Kobla Jnr: