Black spots on the face might result from some issues including, change in hormones, exposure to the sun, insect bites and liver spots. The most common cause of black spot for most people is stubborn acne. When learning how to get rid of black spots, it is wise that you bring the different types of dark spots to your attention.
• Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation – these are dark spots on the skin that result from inflammation due to burns and scratches on the skin.
• Lentigines – these are spots that appear on the face with no definite pattern
• Melasma – A smear like a spot appears on the face specifically the cheeks caused by hormonal imbalance.
• Pimple spots/marks – these results from pimples that got affected by bacteria and popped leaving dark spots on the face.
When dealing with black spots on your face, you can choose the natural approach, use of synthetic products or use laser treatment.
How to get rid of black spots on the face – using non-invasive surgical procedures
For many years, researchers have been figuring out how to get rid of black spots on the face. Luckily, with advancement in technology, there have been breakthroughs fashioned in laser treatment, chemical peels, cryosurgery and microdermabrasion. Below is a brief description of how these individual methods work.
It is a process by which, a dermatologist sprays liquid nitrogen, specifically, on the spot on your face, depending on the depth of the spot. This causes the spot to become white and form a scab in the subsequent few days. The skin then sheds in the following weeks leaving your face free of spots.
Applying micro-exfoliating crystals on your face and slowly suctioning it, is done in this treatment. The procedure ensures there is the removal of the superficial the skin layer while triggering the production of collagen.
• Chemical peels
The chemical is applied to the facial skill causing it to swell and peel off thus prompting the formation of new cells, which will be clear of spots.
READ ALSO: How to Get Rid of Pimples on the Face Fast
• Laser treatment
It involves selection of a laser depending on the depth of your spot and the type of skin. Nevertheless, you have to appreciate the idea that your skin will become more sensitive to the laser treatment.
All these procedures are painless and non-invasive.
How to get rid of black spots and pimples – from home
The cost associated with skin lightening might make it impossible for you to use the more advanced technologies when dealing with spots and pimples. Thanks to nature, you can successfully deal with spots and pimples from home, provided you use the right ingredients and consistently follow the procedure. Below are some procedures that can be used when getting rid of spots and pimples.
• Aloe vera
The extracts from this herb (i.e. juice and gel), have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that are crucial for the skin. Apply the natural aloe gel on your face and scrub for it to work. You, however, have to do this over a certain period for you to see the results.
When garlic is combined with onion, they provide sufficient amounts of vitamins that promote the reduction of spots and encourage drying of pimples on the face.
It contains lactic acid, which is a crucial component when you want to have smooth and shiny skin. Combine buttermilk with fresh tomato juice, spread it over your face, and let it dry for about 15minutes before washing it off with water.
If you have been wondering how to get rid of black spots on cheeks, worry no more. With a combination of turmeric, lemon juice and milk, you can be able to eliminate spots and pimples on your face and cheeks. Apply the thick mixture on your face by spreading it evenly over your face. Let it settle and dry for 15 minutes before washing with lukewarm water.
How to get rid of black spots left by pimples
Sports left by pimples can be very frustrating. Knowing how to deal with them can be very liberating. Just like learning how to get rid of black spots on the face, you can learn to deal with spots left by pimples without irritating your skin.
READ ALSO: How to Get a Flat Tummy After Pregnancy
• Sunscreen – when you expose your skin to the sun, the effects of scar become more profound. It is therefore wise for you to apply all the right precautionary measures to protect your skin. With a sunscreen, your skin will be protected from UVA A and UVB rays, thus eliminating the possibility of darkening spots left by pimples, while the skin heals.
• Retinoids – this is a superficial treatment that helps your skin heal from pimple marks, by encouraging your cells to divide more quickly and push out the unwanted cells.
• Tropical vitamin C serum – this helps curb spots left by pimples by promoting healing of the skin through building collagen.