The Ghana Immigration Service or as it is popularly known, GIS is a Ghanaian agency that deals with the allocation of visas and permits for non-residents in Ghana. In addition to this, it also plays a large part in issues to do with refuges by being the agency mandated to register the refugees, oversee their safety and make sure they manage them by helping them settle and doing regular checkups.
Ghana immigration service recruitment.
Ghana Immigration Service is a government agency that is placed under the large umbrella of the Ministry of Interior in Ghana. In the past, however, GIS was called the Immigration and Passport Unit of the Gold Coast Colonial Police Force with MR. Neville C. Hill being the driving force behind it. When Ghana was finally freed from colonial domination, the prospects that freedom brought lead to rampant immigration not Ghana and therefore t had to be transferred to the ministry of interior.
Since it is a government agency that needs workers, there are recruitments into the Ghana immigration service that happen often. An example is the Ghana immigration recruitment 2020 which was successfully conducted. The applicants who successfully filled their immigration recruitment application form could check the status of their application in the GIS e-recruitment portal. The applicants who were shortlisted had to visit their specific screening centers on 4th January 2018 after which they have to complete some immigration recruitment test questions.
Ghana immigration recruitment 2020.
The GIS recruitment for the years 2019-2020 has been ongoing for a while now. Applications are open for three categories of persons;
- Persons who have successfully graduated. In this category, a degree is a minimum requirement
- Persons with a Higher National Diploma. In this category, a Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution is a minimum requirement.
- It is also open for non-graduates. Persons In this category are referred to as recruits.
There were, however, some general requirements that have to be satisfied by all the persons who wish to apply in ether of the categories. They are;
- The persons must have been born in Ghana
- They must not have any criminal past/history
- The applicants must have successfully completed a degree program from a recognized university at one point.
- The minimum age requirement being 18.
- The applicant must be of good physical and mental health.
- The applicant’s character must be of high standard.
- There is a minimum height requirement. For men being 5ft 8inches and women 5ft 4inches.
For the graduate category, only one post was advertised. The vacancy was for a Legal practitioner. The requirements were the same as the general requirements with some additions;
- The minimum age is set at 21 but the maximum age
- He must be knowledgeable in using technology(computers specifically)
- He must have successfully completed the National Service.
For the Higher National Diploma, there were four posts advertised for. They are; ICT, Accounting, purchasing and supply and statistics. The requirements were similar to the general requirements only that one had to possess a Higher National Diploma in the specific field of interest and successfully completed the National Service.
For the non-graduate (recruits) category, the requirement that was an addition to the general requirements was;
- The applicant must have successfully completed their SSSCE/WASSCE certificate. In addition to this, he must have passed with a minimum number of credits (5) having either English Language or Mathematics as one of the subjects.
GIS recruitment application.
For you to successfully apply for a vacancy in the Ghana Immigration Service, you have to follow these simple steps
- Ensure you purchase an E-voucher from any of Ghana’s Commercial Bank branches. Or you can buy the Ghana immigration service recruitment forms at the EMS offices near you.
After this, the person might want to know how to fill immigration recruitment form. Well it is simple;
- Proceed to the recruitment portal of the Ghana Immigration Service
- Go to the “Apply Now’ icon and click on it. Follow the steps as directed in filling
- Select the most convenient branch for you and proceed to enter your education details and biography. You will have to upload a photo of yourself(a passport photo)
- Finally, print a copy of the application summary report. It contains important information including your ID number.
READ ALSO: Ghana Health Service in need of doctors