Also called earth almonds and chufa nut, actually they are not nuts. They are tuber of weedy grass called yellow nutsedge. Like the real nuts, tiger nuts are rich in fiber and protein content. They have a slight nut flavor and hence can be used when preparing a wide range of foods. Despite having many health benefits, most people do now how to eat tiger nut and hence the reason for this blog.
Tiger nut can be eaten in a variety of ways which give numerous beauty and health benefit. In case you want to remain healthy then adding nut in your diet is the best thing you can do. Tiger nuts can be consumed fresh or cooked baked or can also be made with milk. Tiger nuts can, therefore, become part of a wide range of dishes that can be cooked at how with ease.
READ ALSO: Truth About Tiger Nuts and Sperm Count
How do you eat tiger nuts?
If you are asking yourself the question ‘’ how do you eat tiger nuts?'' below are some of the ways you can eat tiger nuts.
- Eat them whole. You can eat tiger nut as they are either covered or uncovered. The covered nuts are harder as compared to uncovered ones and hence can be softened by soaking them in water for some time.
- Make milk out of tiger nut. Tiger nuts produce extremely nutritious and healthy milk. To prepare nut milk you just need to soak them in water overnight then blend them the following day. You can add vanilla for extra taste and flavor.
- Prepare tiger nut flour. Tiger nuts can be used to make flour used in making bread, cookies and other homemade dishes
- Tiger nuts ice-cream. You can make sweet ice cream for your family using tiger nut.
- Make energy bites using tiger nuts
How to cook tiger nuts
Beside human consumption, for many years tiger nuts have been used by anglers as baits for fishing. In this article, you will be taken step by step guide on How to cook tiger nuts and also tips on how you can use them in fishing.
How to cook tiger nuts for fishing
Here are the steps on how to cook tiger nuts for carp.
- Presoak in water for at least 24 hours to make the soft.
- After soaking the nut transfer them in a cooking pan together with water and place it in heat and allow it to boil for at least thirty minutes. Remove the nut from heat and allow them to cool.
- Drain the remaining water into a separate container. The water can be used as an additive to your bait since it has a lot of natural sugar and oil in it.
- Store the tiger nut into an airtight container for up to three days after which they will start to spoil. Tiger nut can be stored in plastic bags and freeze for long-term storage. Or you can mix the nut with sugar liquid.
- You can use the tiger nut to fish though it is advisable to add extra attraction.