-Black Stars player, Bernard Tekpetey, put a pot on stove, forgot about it and left for a Bundesliga match
-Firefighters had to break in to contain the situation after the smoke triggered a fire alarm
Ghana international Bernard Tekpetey nearly burnt down his home after he left a pot on fire and went away for a Bundesliga match.
According to reports, firefighters had to break into his home to deal with the smoking cooking pot while Tekpetey sat on the bench for Schalke 04 in their 2-1 home win over Hoffenheim on Saturday, February 17.
While he sat hoping to come on, with his family watching in Gelsenkirchen, the pot was still cooking. It triggered a fire alarm as smoke poured from the flat.
Firefighters forced their way in after a call from the neighbours, German daily Bild reported, according to Graphic Online.
The incident happened around 2100 GMT, no one was injured and the 20-year-old returned home almost 30 minutes after the incident.
Tekpetey who moved to Schalke from Ghana side Unistar SA in February 2016 has just returned to the club after a six-month loan spell at Austrian side Altach.
The forward made two appearances for Ghana at the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
YEN.com.gh has fond memories of Ebony in the video tribute below:
Your stories and stories are always welcome.