When an employment opportunity comes up, a qualified individual should go ahead and apply. The Ghana police recruitment requirement is underway and should you purpose to apply, this post will be important to you.
Ghana police recruitment 2018.
This post will answer some questions including;
- The Ghana police recruitment requirements
- The Ghana police recruitment process
- The requirements for Ghana police recruitment
What are the requirements for recruitment into Ghana police service?
There are general requirements for one to be considered for a job in the Ghana police service. The Ghana police recruitment requirement list gives the following as the minimum requirements;
- The applicant must be a Ghanaian citizen
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age and less than 25 years by April 1,2018
- The minimum height requirement for males is 5feet and 8inches(173 cm)
- The minimum height requirement for ladies is 5feet and 4inches(163 cm)
- The applicant should not have any criminal record.
The minimum academic requirements for the applicants are;
- They must have passed in 6 subjects with credits(A1-C6) at WASSCE
- The applicant must, in the six passes, have a pass in English and mathematics
The recruitment will involve four classes of recruits;
- General duty recruits – these are the recruits who are enrolled for the general police duties. The minimum requirement are the general ones only
- Tradesman recruits – recruits with special skills including; bandsmen, caterers, electricians, intensive care nurses, marine technicians, medical laboratory technicians, midwives among others. They should have the relevant qualifications in the various fields they apply for to be considered.
- Graduates general duty – these are graduates who wish to be recruited as general duty officers
- Graduates professionals – Ghanaian graduates who wish to be recruited as professionals within the police service. They include; lawyers, engineers, financial and audit officers, graduate nurses and many more. They should have the relevant qualifications in the various fields they apply for to be considered.
Ghana police recruitment and payment.
- What payment?
In order to apply, you have to make a payment of 50 Ghana Cedi’s at any of the Ghana Commercial Bank branches. You will be required to provide the following details
- Your official names
- Your active email address
After making the payment, you will receive a voucher. You will have to use the details given to the bank throughout the whole recruitment application process.
How do you apply?
The application is done online. For you to successfully get your Ghana police recruitment forms, you will have to pass the online registration process first. After passing the registration process, you will get to know the verdict of your application in the Ghana police service E-recruitment portal.
What next if my application is approved?
Once your online application is approved, you will be required to know your recruitment centers. The center is where the applicants go to have a full body examination and also the examination to confirm the authenticity of their academic certificates and personal details.
After the examination, successful candidates will have to do/write an aptitude test. Those who pass will go through a background check to confirm their criminal record status.
Applicants who pass the criminal record check will then have a full medical examination, and if the doctor clears them, they will be invited to attend training.