Most guys are concerned about how they look, talk and behave when they go out on their first date with a girl.And they should be. Some guys ask for tips from their friends on how to date a girl while some turn to the internet. This article will shed some light on how to succeed when dating a girl for the first time.
Here are some of the things you can do to make your first date a success:
- Be yourself: The most important thing you should remember when you go out on a date is to be yourself. Yes, your black tee and white shorts will be the first thing her eyes catch when you walk towards her for the first time but if it is what makes you feel comfortable go for it. Girls are really cleaver. They can tell when you are trying too much or not being 100% yourself.
- Be confident: Girls like men who are confident. They want a guy who can take control. It is common sense. She is looking for someone who can take proper care of her. And that is exactly what a girl wants to see, whether or not you can make her feel safe. If you lack this element in you, you can expect a few little things to get messed up. Meaning, your date might not go according to the way you had planned it. Unless you’re looking for tips on how to date a girl in high school, your confidence will matter.
- Listening is the key: It can be understood if you’re a little shy and have a hard time trying to initiate a proper conversation that will make her feel comfortable and not offended. But keeping quiet instead of trying will get you nowhere. The best way to start one is to listen; and listen carefully. A girl feels important when a guy pays attention to her.
- Don’t forget to ask: An easy way of getting a conversation started is to ask questions. Don’t ask a lot of questions though. That will make you look too curious and it can have a negative impact on your date. Ask about her hobbies and things she likes.
- Plan your date: Although many guys find it polite to let the girl decide where the date should be, you should be the one to choose the place. Take her to a place you are familiar with so that you can feel more comfortable.
How to date a girl online without messing up
Dating a girl online is a little different from dating a girl offline. All the above factors are vital for your date to go successfully.
Research has shown that even a shy man is capable of having hours of conversation online. People find it easier to start a conversation in online chats because the person they’re talking to isn’t right in front of them. Another contributing factor is the fact that they get some time to build their self-confidence before they meet the girl since most of the coversations are done online.
How to date a girl you met online on social media
Dating a girl you met on social media is not so different from dating a girl from your neighborhood. Online or not, you should respect her. Keep your approach very subtle and gentle. There are a lot of guys who screw up online because they dont understand that even in the virtual world, she is still a real person and she needs to be respected.
Confused? What I mean to tell you is that some men behave inappropriately with women on social media because they are not interacting in person. They feel they can say anything they want to and not be ashamed because it is the online world.
Apart from being respectful, you also need to be very good with words and the way you communicate with her. Don’t impose yourself on her. That will push her far away from you. Be a good friend and let her take her time to feel comfortable chatting to you. It would be wise to avoid asking for her number immediately. When she starts showing signs of being comfortable communicating with you, smoothly make progress by asking to meet her. If she is ready, it’s going to be a “yes”. In that case, you might just as well ask for her personal contact number.
However, when you meet her, it is better to turn your phone off. Calls and texts are distracting. Girls like attention. If your phone keeps buzzing throughout the date, your attention will be diverted and that will make things awkward and impolite. Even worse, she might think she is not the only girl you are after. If that happens, you can expect a goodbye.
How to date a girl who is afraid of commitment without forcing her
There are many girls who are afraid of commitment. Different girls have different reasons for that. Some might have had a bad past with guys and others are just not interested in committing themselves to a relationship. For a bunch of men, this might seem as the best opportunity. However, you should realize that it's really hard to get these girls' attention. You might be stuck because you have found the girl you wanted but it turns out that she’s not ready for commitment. If so, it is best to not force her.
If she has no problem dating you without commitment, carry on with it. Be a gentleman and make her feel wanted. This can be a very good way to prove to her that commitments are not so bad. Make sure you focus on your behaviour and the manner of talking without pretending to be someone you are not. Sounds tough, but trust me, it is worth it. Give her enough time to understand you. In that way, you will get to know each other well. And who knows; if you’re doing things right and she can feel it, she might just want you for more than just a date or two.
How to date a girl who is your friend
If you like a girl who is actually a friend of yours, and you have no clue about dating a friend, let me tell you, it’s not rocket science. It is in fact easier than dating a stranger. How?
Well, you already know her more than most people; what she likes and what she doesn’t. You will know what to do and what not to. That makes things a little easier for you. Just a little because it will feel a little awkward when a sudden friendship turns into a date. But do not lose your calm.
Dating a friend means she is used to you. That means she has seen and been around you. You might think this makes the relationship not special at all but that is where you are wrong. It is because she still has not seen or felt the romantic side of you. She only knows you as a friend. So you have the perfect opportunity to be something different. Girls love to be pampered and taken care of. This thing hardly happens in a friendship because friendship is mostly filled with fun. The seriousness of being a lover cannot be felt then. Now you just have to show her that you love her. And of course by being a good friend. Remember, dating a friend does not make you a different man. If you are already friends with her, try to let her feel that you can be more by:
- Pay the bill: In this era, most girls like to be independent and pay the bill. She’s a friend and you have always shared the bills. Don’t let that stop you from offering to pay. Things are different when friendship turns into a date. A gentleman always pays the bills. If she insists, you can offer her to pay on your next date.
- Surprise her: It is unlikely that she doesn’t know about her own friend. Things might seem to be monotonous and you’re probably scratching your head thinking what would make up for this empty space. Surprises; that’s what is going to fill up the void between you two. People like surprises, be it a boy or a girl. Don’t spook her by jumping down in front of her from a tree. Surprise her with something unexpected like cooking dinner for her, or buying her flowers. She’ll admire your thoughtfulness and feel like you’re a fine choice.
Let the rest of the world take care of itself while you take care of the girl you want.