Sitting for your Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) or West African Senior Certificate Examination (WASSCE) can be very challenging especially when you have no clue as to how to prepare your mind and soul for the papers.
Here in Ghana, we always hear troubling stories of how thousands of candidates fail their papers time and again despite them putting all their efforts into "prep" time and extra classes.
These steps by YEN.com.gh helps us understand and also learn some basic tricks to preparing yourself before and during an examination.
Before the exams:
1. Distance yourself from the crowd before the papers. This will prevent any disruptions from taking place
2. Never refer to your notes 20 minutes before your papers. You will get confused
3. All last-minute notes you want to read must be in bullet points
4. Sit in a quiet place and trying recollecting all that you have read.
5. Stay calm and do not panic
During the paper
6. The first thing to do is to establish contact with your invigilator so if anything happens you just call on them
7. Make sure you read all examination rules and guidelines
8. Make sure you never establish contacts with mates in the exam hall
9 Have everything ready including your exam kit. Never lend anything
10. Relax, never be nervous.
It has been shown that the reason why most candidates fail their papers is largely due to the emotional stress they often suffer before and during the examinations.
These points now help you come up with the best preparation for the best and excellent grades.
Who is going to be Ghana’s next top pastor? Checkout YEN.com.gh's top picks:
Source: Yen Newspaper