Who wouldn't love a meat pie? It is a mouthwatering snack, and unlike other snacks it is quite nutritious and leaves you full. You can take a meat pie for breakfast, lunch or dinner; learn how to make meat pie!
Why ponder over cafes and restaurants and you can make the snack at the comfort of your home? Try this recipe and you will be surprised how good meat pies are. Making them is also fun!
How to make meat pie without using oven
The Ghanaians are in love with the meat pie pastry. The interesting bit about making the pastry meal is that you do not need an oven. Here are the ingredients and the procedure on how to make Ghanaian meat pie, you will definitely have pleasing results of the delightful snack.
Ingredients on how to make the meat pie pastry
- Cold butter or you can use margarine
- Knead dough
- Minced beef
- Diced Onions
- Well-diced green pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Enough Salt
- Tomato puree
Procedure of how to make meat pie Ghana
- Add to your frying pan oil to heat
- Add your minced meet and well-diced onions into the pan.
- Once they turn brown, add the tomato puree, enough salt, and seasoning.
- Remove your pan from heat and give the mixture time to cool off.
- Once the mixture cools, stir your diced green pepper well and give it at least 5 minutes.
- Do you have a saucer? If yes, it is perfect when you use it to cut the pastry in orange-sized round disk shape.
- Do your fillings with any kind of vegetable or the tuna flakes. Serve and have the delicious snack.
READ ALSO: Traditional Ghanaian Jollof Rice Recipe
How to make meat and potato pie with minced meat
You need an oven to bake the sweet pie. Here are the ingredients and the procedure for easy meat pie recipe.
- Peeled and well-cubed potatoes
- Ground and broth beef
- Enough salt
- Cold Water
- Butter or margarine
- Diced onions
- Dried and crushed sage.
- Diced carrots
Procedure to prepare meat pie
Make the dough by mixing correct proportions of salt, water and flour and add well-cut cold butter or margarine. Adding cold water into your dough will make the mixture form wet balls, yet not damp.
Roll the dough gently and start to prepare your fillings.Here is the procedure on how to make Ghanaian fried meat pie.
- Put oil on your frying pan and add your diced onions, ground beef, salt.
- Add other fillings to taste if you desire, such as the black pepper, cloves, and well-diced garlic.
- Stir until the mixture turns with a goldish brown color and add the beef broth, well- peeled and cubed carrots, and potatoes, until they cook.
- Heat your oven for at least 350 degrees F, as you assemble your pie and then cover it.
- once it has baked, cut individual pie and fill it with the fried minced meat and bake them.
- Serve and enjoy the snack.
READ ALSO: Ghana tom brown porridge ingredients and recipe