Have you heard about the benefits of ginger tea but do not know how to prepare ginger tea at home? Well, continue reading this article which provides sufficient information on how to prepare homemade ginger tea and it's benefits.
Ginger tea has very many health benefits from treating colds, coughs, helping you lose weight and managing diabetes among others. The first step towards enjoying all the benefits of ginger is by learning how to make ginger tea at home.
Before examining the procedure of how to make ginger tea for cold, let us first discuss the benefits of ginger tea.
Fresh ginger tea benefits
- Treatment of colds and coughs: Have you suffered from a cold or a cough that won’t go away, maybe you should consider drinking ginger tea. Ginger contains antioxidants which help in suppressing colds and coughs. It has been used for this purpose for a long time and the results are amazing. For increased effectiveness, you can add lemon to the tea thus the need to learn how to make ginger tea with lemon.
- Losing weight: The consumption of ginger tea is a natural weigh of losing that extra fat in your body. Drinking it makes your stomach full thus helping you limit the amount of food you consume. Regular consumption of ginger tea with exercising can see you gain your desired body weight.
- Treats workout soreness: Lifting weights and doing cardio exercises can make your muscles very sore. However, taking ginger tea will see you treat that soreness within a short time. Drink it immediately after working out.
- Ginger tea promotes proper circulation of blood: When you drink ginger tea, your blood flows better and this makes you to feel more energized. It also facilitates proper functioning of other body parts thus keeping you healthy.
- Promotes proper functioning of the respiratory system: Ginger is a natural expectorant. Whenever your chest is blocked, you can take 2 cups of ginger tea at intervals of five hours to unblock the congestion. It also stops you from sneezing due to allergic reactions.
- Ginger tea treats stomach upsets: Did you know ginger tea can be used to sure stomach upsets? Amazing, ginger has elements that allow it to give similar treatment capabilities such as ibuprofen. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the stomach thus giving you an excellent feeling.
- Ginger tea acts as a stress reliever: Ginger has a very nice smell that can be used for aroma therapy. Smelling it brings a sense of relaxation.
- Ginger tea promotes immunity in the body: When ginger tea is consumed with lemon, it helps the body in fighting infections. The prevention of flu and coughs by ginger also helps in protecting the body against diseases.
- Ginger tea is ideal for a healthy skin: Ginger contains elements that are suitable for keeping the skin healthy and moisturized. The vitamin c contained in lemon ginger tea helps in fighting skin infections.
How to make ginger tea for weight loss
For ginger tea to work effectively, it is essential to add lemon to the mixture. The recipe below can be used on how to make ginger tea for nausea.
- Grated ginger
- Boiled water
- Pieces of freshly cut lemons
- Place a teaspoonful of ginger in a cup
- Pour boiling water
- Add the pieces of lemon
- Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes
- Strain the mixture, add sugar based on how sweet you want the tea to be and stir. Your ginger tea for weight loss is ready.
How to make ginger tea for cough
The procedure outlined above can be used for cough treatment purposes. For better results, it is important to add raw honey to the mixture.
Once you have strained the mixture, add the honey and the lemon. Remember the amount of honey or pieces of lemon you use depend on how you like them. However too much lemon can make the tea to be very sour. Should the lemon make the tea sour, you can add orange juice to give the ginger tea a lesser sour taste.
You can also consider adding spices such as cayenne and cinnamon. Such ingredients make ginger tea much convenient in treating coughs.
READ ALSO: How to prepare salad at home
How to make ginger tea for diabetes
Ginger tea preparation for diabetes is a little bit different from the procedures provided above.
- You begin by placing the peel strips of ginger and lemon in the saucepan. Add water and let the mixture boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ginger and lemon pieces from the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a cup and add a teabag or two depending on your preference.
- Let it rest for close to 7 minutes
You can add sugar and stir. However, since you are making the ginger tea for diabetic treatment, you should use small amounts of sugar. Otherwise, this method will not be effective as diabetes is propagated by the consumption of sugar.
In case you are wondering how to make ginger tea with ginger powder, the procedure is very easy. All you have to do is use ginger powder in the place of grated ginger or ginger peel strips. Ginger powder dissolves very fast in hot water and therefore you can consume the tea immediately you add it.
On how to make ginger tea with milk, you begin by boiling water and ginger in a pot. Then pour black tea leaves in a cup and add the boiling water. You can also use tea bags. Leave the mixture to rest for five minutes. This makes the tea elements to be absorbed into the mixture. Then add your previously boiled milk and sugar and stir. Sieve the mixture. Your tea is ready to drink. Some people also like blending this mixture to make it foamy.
Drinking ginger tea regularly could see you leave a very healthy life. Your medical visits will also reduce. With the guidelines provided above, you are in a place to make ginger tea for different purposes. It’s time you embraced the natural healing power of ginger.
READ ALSO: 10 Health Benefits of Okro