Pancakes are among the best breakfast options these days. Read this article to find out how to make pancakes without baking powder and make them even healthier for your family.
How to make banana pancakes without baking powder
Pancake recipes are always loved by everyone whether he/she is a kid or just adults taking care of their families. And making pancakes is as easy just as any other type of breakfast; no rocket science is there. This delicious recipe of pancake with banana added instead of skimmed milk will give a spark to your taste buds. Generally, pancakes without baking soda will not give that fluffiness that it gives when prepared with baking soda.
But in this recipe, I will make sure that your pancakes get that exact texture and fluffiness that a pancake made with baking soda will give you. To make this banana pancake recipe it will hardly take 20-25 minutes. So you can serve your kids and your family members a healthy and tasty breakfast in just a few minutes. So waiting for what? Let’s gets started.
Ingredients of milkless pancakes without baking powder
This recipe will easily be enough for four to five people.
- 200 grams of all-purpose flour
- 400 millilitres of cold water
- 60 grams of Milk powder ( Instead of using skimmed milk or toned milk)
- 20 grams of melted butter
- 100 grams of Sugar
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Strawberry or berry of your choice for garnishing
- Honey (garnishing)
- Slice of Banana (garnishing)
Directions of how to make pancakes without baking powder and milk
- First, take a big bowl. Then take the all-purpose flour in it and also add the milk powder. Mix it properly.
- Take a separate small bowl. Take the mashed banana in it and also the two egg yolks. Whisk it properly.
- Add the mixture of the egg and bananas into the big bowl which consists the mixture of the flour and milk powder. Mix it properly. In this step add the vegetable oil. As this recipe is without baking powder, the vegetable oil is the substitute for baking powder in pancakes and which return will help in making the pancakes fluffy.
- Add water constantly to the mixture and beat it well. Make sure that the mixture does not get too thin otherwise, the pancakes will not be made properly and the fluffiness will disappear.
- Continue to beat the mixture well to about 10 minutes. Keep it aside for at least 15- 20 minutes.
- Now crack on the heat and put a frying pan (shallow frying pan will work best) over it. When the frying pan will be hot enough, grease the pan with butter properly.
- Add a good amount of batter which will cover the bottom of the pan properly.
- Cook on that side for a few minutes, until the side of the pancakes become golden brown and bubbles form on the frying pan surface.
- Flip over the other side and cook that side also for another few seconds until it also turns into golden brown.
- After both the side of the pancake is completely cooked and both the side have turned golden brown, remove the pancake from the frying pan and repeat the above step for rest of the leftover batter.
Garnish the pancakes with strawberries or other berries of your choice (blueberry, raspberry or mulberry), slices of bananas and spread honey from the top. Serve the pancakes hot. This pancake recipe without baking powder and milk can be treated as a healthy and quick breakfast recipe which will make your kid finish breakfast much faster. You can always be experimental in pancake recipes, with or without eggs. Have the pancake hot and warm with your family and enjoy your day!
Ingredients for how to make pancakes without eggs and baking powder or baking soda
Use the following given ingredients to prepare simple yet delicious pancakes and start your day.
- ¼ cups of any all-purpose flour.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 1 cup non-fat or 1% milk.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Around 2 tablespoons of water.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Directions to cook
READ ALSO: How to make kokonte and groundnut soup
- In order to make pancakes without baking powder or baking soda or eggs, first, you have to mix all together the flour, salt and sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine the oil, water and milk together. Add to all the dry ingredients.
- Now, you have to stir the mixture until it is properly moistened.
- Use a sprayer to lightly spray a large griddle or a skillet along with a non-stick cooking spray. You can also wipe the pan lightly with oil. You have to heat up the griddle or skillet over a heat range of medium to high heat, preferably 350 degrees if you are using an electric skillet. For each and every pancake that you want to prepare to try pouring around ¼ cup of the batter into the pan.
- The pancakes will be ready to be turned when you can see the bubble formation all over; also a few bubbles do burst which makes dry edges at the pancakes. In order to properly turn the pancakes upside down, it is recommended that you use a spatula, a broad one will be the best.
- Turn the pancakes just once. Just bake the pancakes until and unless the bottoms of the pancakes are all dry and brown.
- You can refrigerate the leftovers within a period of 2 hours.
What happens when you make pancakes without baking powder?
The pancakes remain light if they are cooked in the usual manner but they do not stay fluffy like they would have been if you had added some baking powder to it. It also makes the pancakes much healthier for the body which will not make the pancakes devastation for your stomach and you can eat as much as you want to.
However, it goes great for a breakfast. All you have to do is take a big bowl and mix the flour, salt, sugar and some milk powder to make it even more delicious.
Some advisable notes which you may follow to make delicious pancakes
- If you want to know how to make pancakes without baking powder or soda or eggs, you can try to add fresh blueberries or bananas to your pancake batter before you cook them.
- If you want more whole grains you can use wheat pastry flour as well or even blend around ½ cup of all-purpose flour and ¾ cup of whole wheat flour. Just in case if the batter turns out to be too thick then add 1-2 tablespoons of some water to it.
- You can top your pancakes by adding delicious toppings to it such as fresh fruits, yoghurt or even some applesauce will do just fine. You can also use other fruits that you like.
- If you want to check and confirm if the skillet is hot enough to start the cooking, sprinkle it with a few droplets of water. If the drops are skittering all over the skillet then the heat is totally alright.
Overview of the cooking process for how to make pancakes without baking powder and eggs
- Cooking time required – Around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preparation time required – Around 5 to 7 minutes.
- Basically, the cooking time and the preparation time depend on other factors as well. The details here may vary as per the ingredients and methods that you have used.
- Nutrition facts – 2 standard pancakes will have around 230 calories. Per gram, they are subjected to contain around 9 grams of Fat, 4 grams of carbohydrates and around 4 grams of protein.