As an applicant, you should always keep in mind that your details will be cross-checked and verified by the colleges, and in case you submit any fake or falsified documents in support of the application, you will have to face the legal consequences of your actions. There are requirements that you also need to adhere to when applying for a college of education Ghana online admission application so that your application is accepted. You could find out the requirements through the internet so that you know what is expected of you at the end of the day instead of submitting your application blindly only to be disappointed at the last minute.
College of education portal
Mentioned below are easy steps you could use when applying for admission coe portal gh.
- First and foremost, you need to supply your card information and be sure to keep the card in a safe place for subsequent login.
- Secondly, you should consider clicking login in order to start the application process
- Thirdly, you should fill the application form and supply all the details required without forgetting to attach a passport picture.
- The passport must not exceed 40KB in size, and it should be in JPG or JPEG as will.
- The fifth step involves clicking the preview button in order to do any of the following:
- Clicking Edit button so as to modify your application .
- Clicking save, and the continue later button, so that you are in a position to save your application form for the purpose of coming back at a later time to edit.
- The following step should be to click the print form button so as to print the confirmation page.
- You should ensure that you keep your confirmation page safe due to the fact that you will need your application form number shown on the page to check your admission status and also to print the letter.
- You should then click on the close in order to go back to the login page.
- As an applicant, you will be then required to print two copies of your confirmation page and attach the results slip and any other document that could boost you and forward same by post to the College of Education of your choice. If you fail to do so, your application will not be processed, and you could miss the chance of a lifetime.
- Finally, you should ensure that you quote your application reference number on your envelope for identification purposes.
You only need to follow instructions in order to get it right from the start of your college of education online admission application 2018 lest you risk losing your most awaited chance. With all the guidelines mentioned above, you should be able to g through the process smoothly without any mishaps.
Teacher training colleges in Ghana
Ghana boasts of a number of teachers training colleges from different regions. You only need to know the right one for your purpose and go through the right procedures to earn a slot in any college of education in Ghana. This post is going to give you a list of some of the Colleges in Ghana that could help you in achieving your goals.
The top ten teacher training colleges in Ghana include:
- Abetifi Presbyterian College of Education
P.O. Box 19,
- Accra College of Education
P.O. Box 221,
- Ada College of Education
P.O. Box 34,
- Agogo Presbyterian College of Education
P.O. Box 26,
- Akatsi College of Education
P.O. Box PMB,
- Akrokerri College of Education
P.O. Box 32,
- Atebubu College of Education
P.O. Box 29,
- Bagabaga College of Education
- Berekum College of Education
P.O. Box 74,
- Bimbila E.P. College of Education
Akatsi College of Education
Akatsi college of education is a teacher training college that was founded in the year 1963 on the first of October. It is located at Akatsi in the Volta Region of Ghana. Its motto is Quality teacher education in a changing society. For those who wish to join the Akatsi community as students, application forms are always ready for sale in the month of February every year at the college and other Colleges of Education.
As a college of education admission 2018-2019 applicant, the first thing you need to do is to make a payment of one hundred Ghana Cedis in the name of colleges of education through smart pay into the colleges of education -Ghana account number at any branch of the Ghana Commercial Bank near you. Afterwards, you will be issued a unique pin with a serial number. Once you have the pin and serial number, you should use the PIN to visit http://admissions.princof.org and carefully follow the guidelines on that website in order to be able to fill the online application form. You should take note of the fact that application forms that will not be correctly filled will fail to be processed. Therefore, you should be very keen and careful as you write your details so that you do not miss the golden chance of being a student at Akatsi College of Education.
Once you are done with the online application, the next step should be printing a copy of the form, which is to be mailed to the Principal of the College chosen, accompanied by one passport photograph, and a copy of the applicant's results slip.
Finally, the applicants should wait for a notification of the receipt of their applications via SMS. For those who do not get an SMS confirming their application, that could mean that you may have missed appearing on the colleges of education admission list due to some reasons are best known to the people in charge of the selection and admission process.
Admission requirements for Akatsi college of education
The General Requirements are:
WASSCE /SSCE credit passes in five subjects inclusive of English Language, Core Mathematics, Social Studies or Integrated Science and two elective subjects.
Applicants are advised to wait for all their results prior to applying due to the fact that only the results provided at the time of submission will be used in selecting students. As an applicant, you should always ensure that you thoroughly read and understand the information provided in the admission documents so that you know what is expected of you because the information you give will earn you a place in the college or disqualify you. For more information about the application process or other things, you would wish to know about the institution you could use the contact address below.
P.O. Box PMB,
Accra College of Education
Accra college of education is among the countless colleges scattered throughout Ghana. This college is among the most popular college in Ghana and is located in the greater Accra region few meters from the University of Professional studies in Accra. Accra College of Education was formerly known as the Accra Teacher Training College. It was founded in the year 1962 and boasts of being the country’s Premier College of Education.
Admission into the prestigious Accra College of Education
The college admission is supervised by the Principals of Colleges of Education abbreviated as (princof).The admission forms are normally sold from the month of February to April annually. For those interested, you could purchase the form at any college of Education in Ghana. Admission is normally done online whereby students are required to fill the admission forms, print them and later post the completed forms to the schools of their choices. However, you should keep in mind that there are several requirements that are observed in order for you to qualify as a candidate. Mentioned below are some of the requirements you need to know about.
First and foremost, you ought to have a total of five subjects to apply. Secondly, it is prudent that you get at least C6 in core Mathematics, English, and C6 in any of your favorite or best electives and social studies or inter science.
The general requirement for admission to the DBE program, which is the Diploma in Basic Education in full is:
- WASSCE: PASSES (A1-C6) in five subjects, which should include English Subject and Mathematics. Additionally, you should have attained C6 in any three out of the five subjects that are relevant to the program of your choice.
- For SSSCE Holders, you will be required to have attained PASSES (A-D) in five subjects which should include Core Mathematics, English Language and three out of the five subjects which are related to the program you choose.
In case you have any queries or need to know more about Accra College of Education, you could contact the college through Education.Ghana@Yahoo.com or use the address mentioned below. If the two don’t work for you, you could use WhatsApp #0506440219
P.O. Box 221, Legon.
College of Education Admission Requirements
The college of education admission requirements in Ghana that you need to adhere to in order to qualify as a candidate has been mentioned below:
SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS PROGRAM
WASSCE APPLICANTS are required to have six passes in English and Mathematics Subject. Additionally, three of the six subjects have to be of C6 and related to the options of the Science and Mathematics Subjects.
SSCE APPLICANTS are required to have attained passes (A-D) in six subjects with the English Subject and Mathematics inclusive of the six. Three of the six subjects have to be related to the options of the Science and Mathematics subjects.
HEARING IMPAIRED APPLICANTS
Study facilities are readily available for special applicants with hearing challenges at Presbyterian College of Education AKROPONG.
WASSCE applicants are required to have attained passes in six subjects including Core Mathematics and English Language with three of the six subjects being related to the option selected by the applicant.
For SSCE applicants, you ought to have attained (A-D) in six subjects including Core Mathematics and English Language plus three subjects that have to be related to the option chosen by the applicant.
VISUALLY IMPAIRED APPLICANTS
Some of the Colleges of Education that have a program for visually impaired applicants include:
- N.J Ahmadiyya, College of Education, WA
- Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
- Wesley College of Education, KUMASI
If you are a WASSCE applicant, you will be required to have attained Passes in six subjects including Core Mathematics, Social Studies, and English Language. Of the six subjects, three subjects must be of C6 and related to the option chosen by the applicant.
For the SSCE applicants, you should have attained (A-D) in six subjects including
Mathematics and English Subjects. Out of the six subjects, three have to be subjects that are relevant to the option selected by the candidate.
FRENCH TECHNICAL PROGRAM
WASSCE Applicants should have attained passes in six subjects including Core Mathematics and English Language with three out of the six subjects scoring at least C6 and related to Technical /Mathematics Options or Technical Science Option.
For SSCE Applicants, you ought to have attained (A-D) in the six subjects inclusive of English Language and Mathematics. Additionally, three subjects out of the six subjects must be related to Technical /Mathematics or Technical / Science Options.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION PROGRAMM
WASSCE APPLICANTS should attain passes in six subjects including Core Mathematics and English Language with three out of the six subjects having a minimum of C6 and relevant to the early childhood option.
SSCE APPLICANTS should have attained passes in six subjects inclusive of English Subject and Core Mathematics and three out of the six subjects have to be related to the Early Childhood Option.
Source: Yen Ghana