Few days after Ebony Reigns, has been buried, there are many controversies still going on about her funeral and burial.
There are many stories circulating in the media about a certain mystery or secret behind the choice of design and colour of her casket.
YEN.com.gh brings you some of these controversies that seem to have raised eyebrows, and leaving Ghanaians wondering if there is indeed something going on ‘behind the scenes’.
1. Black casket: Some people have wondered why Ebony would be buried in a black casket upon all other colours. They believe that there is a spiritual connotation behind the choice of colour. Some have also concluded that the black colour, which sources say was chosen by her father, is a proof to a rumour going round that Ebony’s father is an occultist.
However, the manufacturers of the casket have dispelled any spiritual reasoning behind the choice of colour. According to them, there is no mystery behind the design and choice of colour for Ebony’s casket.
According to them, it was just normal for anybody to choose a black casket, especially when it was the first time losing one’s child in death.
2. Lawrence Tetteh: Dr. Lawrence Tetteh, the international evangelist who was in charge of Ebony’s funeral ceremony, also made some wild allegations at the funeral and after. He had earlier stated at the funeral grounds that he was the one who footed the bills of Ebony’s casket, and mortuary fee. However, the casket he paid for was not black – not the black one Ebony was finally buried in.
According to Dr. Lawrence Tetteh, Ebony’s father changed the casket at the last minute without consulting him. Therefore, he, Lawrence Tetteh is not happy about the whole issue.
3. Ebony’s father an occult: Some prophet have claimed that Ebony’s father, Nana Poku Kwarteng, is part of an occult group but Dr. Lawrence Tetteh says he cannot say if he really is an occultist.
4. Love for dead than the living: Afia Schwarzenegger has also slammed Ghanaians for loving the dead more than the living. According to Afia, the many companies and individuals who donated toward Ebony’s funeral wouldn’t have given her that money if she were alive and needed it.
Afia also said even though Rashida Black Beauty, has said she needs GHC5,000.00, but nobody is willing to give her. However, if Rashida should lose her life, Ghanaians would hypocritcally go and make donations.
5. Confession: Ebony's father has stated in a earlier interview that he has "confessions" to make about his daughter's death. Ghanaians are therefore waiting to hear what those "confessions" are about.
Meanwhile, Ebony Reigns has been laid to rest on Saturday, March 24, 2018, at the Osu cemetery.
Check out some highlights from Ebony’s funeral:
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page
Source: Yen Newspaper