Easter Sunday is one of the most anticipated festivities among Christians worldwide aside from Christmas. It is a commemoration of Jesus Christ’s resurrection from death as written in the Bible, which offers hope of everlasting life for everyone. It marks the culmination of the Lenten season whereby Christians fast, sacrifice and pray. This way, people replicate what Jesus Christ sacrificed both in fasting and his death on the cross. Since it is a momentous occasion, the church sermon ought to be resounding. And there is no better way to get the best Easter Sunday sermon ideas than to check out a listing of some of the most emphatic.
Have you ever been to a church service and left rejuvenated and jovial? Probably the sermon touched you on that day, or the church hymns were so great that they invoked your spiritual sense.
The church sermon and its interpretation are the primary intent of service, and for Easter Sunday, it must be something representative of the day. With inspirational Easter sermons, the day of Jesus Christ's resurrection can touch people’s hearts like never before.
Easter Sunday in 2021
Unlike most holidays, Easter Sunday doesn't have a fixed date on the calendar but shifts yearly and fall on different dates. However, it is ordinarily between March 22 and April 25. What are the Easter dates for 2021?
- Palm Sunday: March 28, 2021
- Maundy Thursday: April 1, 2021
- Good Friday: April 2, 2021
- Holy Saturday: April 3, 2021
- Easter Sunday: April 4, 2021
- Easter Monday: April 5, 2021
Except for Maundy Thursday, other Easter dates are holidays, which depends on a country's recognition of such days in their public calendar.
Therefore, it is one of the most anticipated periods for countries with them as public holidays as it affords people extended resting period as they celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection. And the best way of doing it is via an Easter Sunday message that you can share with friends and family.
Easter Sunday sermon ideas from the Bible
Easter Sunday is best commemorated in church as you reflect on Jesus journey that is the foundation of the Christian faith. Whether you choose to celebrate the day at home or go to church, reading or experiencing the best Easter sermons will significantly inspire you.
- Inspire listeners to get rid of their expectations and wait for God to exceed those expectations (Mathew 21).
- Allows listeners to seek inspiration to pray to God for transformation on top of forgiveness. The primary message is that Easter not only forgives sins but give people power (1 Peter 1:3).
- Inspire the congregation to give themselves entirely to God to experience hope, peace and joy (Romans 5:6-8).
- Inspire a person to trust in God since God is only interested in the present regardless of their past. Although people commemorate Easter as a past event, it is celebrated as a present as God continues to work in everyone. (1 Corinthians 15:4).
- Motivate the congregation to initiate real change in their lives by trusting God with their life (Ephesians 2:5).
- Show people not to put Jesus first on the list but at the centre of everything (Romans 12: 1).
- Focus on every scene of the resurrected Jesus. Jesus’ resurrection is linked to the mission of the church. This sermon is meant to inspire the listener to get on a mission with the resurrected Jesus (Mathew 28: 16-20).
- Inspire the audience to focus on enjoying life and everything in it and stop the struggle of earning salvation only (Philippians 4:4).
- A summary of the promises of Easter whereby each promise is marked by something empty. There is an empty cross, empty clothes and an empty cave. These are empty, showing that God's promises are not (John 19:35-20:35).
- Preach about the crucifixion of Christ (John 20:25, Romans 8:39, John 19:30, John 15:13, Romans 10:9, Romans 5:8, 1 Peter 2:24, Luke 23:46).
- Preach about the Holy Spirit (John 8:36, Acts 2:3-4, Titus 3:5b-6, John 3:6-8, Ephesians 5:18, 2 Timothy 1:7).
- Create a sermon on being a Godly Father (Genesis 1:26-5:5 (Adam), Genesis 5-10 (Noah), Genesis 11-25 (Abraham), Genesis 17, 21-22, 24-28, 31, 35 (Isaac), Genesis 25-37, 42, 45-49 (Jacob), Exodus (Moses), 1 Samuel 16 – 1 Kings 2 (King David), Matthew 1:16-2:23 (Joseph).
- Create an Easter sermon on new beginnings (2 Corinthians 5:17, Acts 3:19-21, Ezekiel 36:24-28, Revelation 21:1-8, Isaiah 43:1-28).
Short Easter sermons to use as a guide
If you are looking for Easter sermon ideas, and whatever you are getting is long? You will be glad to know that you can utilize short ones and still deliver the desired message. The most important thing for a sermon is to inspire the congregation with a strong message.
Therefore, regardless of the length, as long as it is an inspirational sermon, it will work wonders. The following Easter sermon starters are going to give you a significant boost in your address.
- This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true (John 21:24).
- The story of the resurrection is not just good news; it's accurate news.
- Jesus Christ's resurrection can transform the way I live and the way I die.
- Easter means that we have the identity of Christ: we're dead and alive in him.
Easter topics for church
Coming up with a topic is an excellent way of creating engaging Easter Sunday sermon ideas. Thinking through different Easter topics for the church will likely give you great inspiration and ideas to develop your church's best sermon. What are the likely Easter topics that you can choose for the momentous day?
- It’s about forgiveness.
- Be afraid, but in a good way.
- The stone: escape or access?
- Debt paid; debtor freed.
- Prophecy fulfilled.
- What if Easter did not exist?
- Belief in the resurrection.
- Three easter questions you must answer.
- The first Easter morning: they returned, remembered and reported.
- Believing is seeing.
- Power of the risen Christ: encountering Jesus along life’s road.
- From doubt to declaration.
With numerous Easter Sunday sermon ideas, you cannot miss something inspirational for a church service or to read during the momentous day. The day can be interpreted in many ways and depends on the sermon you read or preach to your congregation. Regardless, its relevance in the Christian faith remains the same as the day that Jesus Christ resurrected.
Are you looking for the best Easter messages and wishes for friends and family? Yen.com.gh featured an interesting piece highlighting different messages fitting various occasions that you can share with your close associates.
It is a great idea to send lovely messages that have been customized according to the recipient's desire. They will love the gesture.