- Arnold Schwarzenegger has undergone an emergency open-heart surgery for a catheter valve replacement at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles
- The actor and former governor of California was said to have had a surgery in 1997
- Though the famous actor is said to be in a stable condition but the open-heart surgery reportedly lasted hours
Veteran actor, Arnold Schwarzenegger has undergone an emergency open-heart surgery after a failed valve replacement procedure, TMZ Reports.
The news outlet reports that sources connected to the 70-year-old actor claimed he went to Cedars-Sinai on Thursday, March 29, for a catheter valve replacement.
"We're told the surgery is somewhat experimental and he developed complications. Doctors were prepared in case the catheter valve replacement failed ... and quickly decided Arnold needed emergency open-heart surgery, which we're told lasted several hours," TMZ reports.
It was reported that the recent surgery was not the first time the veteran actor would undergo heart surgery. He was said to have had an aortic valve replaced in 1997, though doctors didn't feel the procedure was urgently needed at that time, but the actor decided to do it while he was still young, the report claims further.
As at the time of filing this report, Arnold is said to be in a stable condition.
It should however be recalled that earlier this week, he spoke to CNN about the changes in the Republican party.
“Since then the party has decreased and now has only a 26 percent popularity overall and so it is dying and I see it like the Titanic. The only thing is that we don’t have to go under completely. We don’t have to wait for that moment. Let’s change and let’s go and be more open and go back to this kind of like big tent idea of Ronald Reagan,” he said.
He urged his fans to disregard the rumour. "Please ignore the stupidity, alive and well and happy and healthy…Still punching," he tweeted.