Established 25 years ago, The University of Education Winneba is one of the leading prestigious institutions of higher education in Ghana. The University of Education Winneba registration process is seamless since its upgrade in 2004. As a result, it incorporated seven diploma-awarding colleges under one umbrella institution reaching out to more students in Ghana.Read on to know more about this reputable institution.
The colleges that were absorbed include:
- St. Andrews Agricultural Training College, Mampong- Ashanti
- The Advanced Technical Training College, Kumasi
- The College of Special Education, Akwapim-Mampong
- The School of Ghana Languages, Ajumako
- The Specialist Training College and National Academy of Music, all at Winneba
- The Advanced Teachers Training College
When interested in online registration for University of Education Winneba, there are standard procedures put in place. The applicant is expected to buy UEW online application voucher using a debit card of the banks given by the university. Upon completion, you need to keep your voucher and pin safe as they are necessary when checking for your application status.
University of Education Winneba course registration
- For direct one needs GHc 2OO for undergraduate and diploma. It is precisely for SSS/WASSCE applicants.
- Diploma in Education GHc 200.00
- Post Diploma GHc 200.00 and it applies to applicants with a higher national diploma within the brochure.
- Mature GHc 300.00 and it is for applicants are 25 years of age.
- International is for applicants who are not Ghanaians.and goes for $100.00
After completing the above, the following should be put into consideration:
- Your application form depends on the voucher you purchase and it goes as far as determining assessment of your application.
- Use a passport photo size picture in jpg format and not exceeding 128 kilobytes. It a must for it to have a white background. If the photo does not meet the following specifications, the picture will be rejected.
The University of education winneba registration online is a seamless process as long as one follows the process to the latter. To complete the process without a hassle, ensure you have the following attached and scanned documents.
- SSNIT card
- National Identification Card
- Birth Certificate
- Academic certificate
- Transcript of academic records
- WAEC result slip
All these documents will help in your application. The forms could be in pdf, jpg, or png form. Proceed to the provided website and log in using the pin and serial number given by the bank. Lastly, do not forget to submit your application and most importantly print a copy for yourself.
University of Education Winneba graduation registration
The University of Education Winneba conducts its graduation ceremonies annually and this year's 22nd graduation will not be any different. For Winneba campus, the closing date for registration will be on the 16th of April 2018. For Mampong and Kumasi, their last day of registration is on the 23rd of April. Students are expected to carry out their certification before these dates, and only those who have done an online registration will be present for the graduation ceremony.
During the ceremony, the congressional are expected in formal attire while the gentleman should have a tie with a shirt preferably with a jacket. The men must take off their mortarboards, while the women should leave their mortar boards on.
During the ceremony, the UEW anthem will be performed. The dates of graduation for the different campuses are as follows. Winneba campus will have their celebration on the 20th, and the 21st of April 2018. The occasion will start at 8.30 am on both days. For Asante Mampong campus, they will have the ceremony on the 27th of April 2018. Lastly, Kumasi Campus will hold its graduation on the 27th and 28th of April 2018.
UEW has continuously proven to be the best among its peers in the higher education sector. For instance, the University of Education Winneba Kumasi Campus creation was to reach out to more Ghanaians who wanted to pursue their higher education. It houses the College of Technology Education and is strategically located 280 kilometers north of Accra, and 320 kilometers from Winneba.
The campus offers the following faculties:
- Faculty of education and communication science
- Faculty of technical education
- Faculty of vocational
- Faculty of business education
Presently the stakeholders in the school are pursuing all avenues possible to ensure students start getting their results via the internet without necessarily coming into the campus premises. They hope that the country will install a robust ICT infrastructure, which will aid in facilitating this process. Currently, the university has a population of 6,500 students out of which 60% are females. Their portal osis.uew.edu.gh has traffic of around 2900 visitors with around 13,050-page view, which earns them about $23.20 daily. The uew osis, which is their website is ranked 116,025 in the world and on global internet users it covers for 0.00058%.
University of Education Winneba course registration
To ensure students don’t rules and regulations put in place, the management at UEW has come up with a process to ensure everything at their campuses run smoothly during the course registration exercise. They include:
- There will be no more printout of registration forms after the deadline
- Students who are reporting back from deferral must come with copies of their deferral approval letters to the Students Records Office (SRO) at the academic division. It helps in updating their records.
- After confirmation, students need to print out a copy of their registration slip and present it to their specific department for endorsement.
- Manuals, instructional videos and brochures are online to assist students in the process of registration. There are also links provided to make each step easy.
- Courses need to be confirmed to make for them to register students and lecturers portals. This is what makes the University of Education Winneba programmes the best.
- Students need to pay attention to the credit hours, course code, and course title.
- The Liberal/African courses have a quota and they are registered on a first come first serve basis.
- Students should visit the registration page before starting to register for courses
- For optional and elective courses, one needs to choose courses as applicable.
- Course list for various programmes are uploaded on the university website for students to familiarize themselves.
- To complete the registration for the semester, one needs to have the student portal.
- Before gaining access to the registration process, one ought to have completed their school fees. The uew admission list is strictly for students who follow the rules.
- For any problems, the student support service office is available in the finance office for assistance.
- The second semester registration for 2017/2018 is a self-registration exercise.
- Late registration attracts a fee of GH 20.00 a day.
- Students are expected to adhere to the rules and regulations to the latter.
- Students should take note of the registration deadlines as defaulting students will be fined.
The University of Education Winneba has a turnkey of approaches to ensure that students who come out from the institution are well placed in the society. It is made possible by them following a charismatic and fundamental principle that guides them daily in their daily services.
Some of the aims of the facility include:
- Fostering links between the community and schools to ensure that the training of teachers is holistic.
- Training the best tutors who provide tertiary institutions and colleges an education that is second to none.
- Offering the teaching fraternity with confidence when providing lessons to non formal education institutions and senior secondary schools.
- Foster a systematic advancement to the science teachers while providing them with higher education.
READ ALSO: University of Education Winneba Courses and Cut Off Points
The most outstanding feature within the institution is the Department of Information and Communication Technology that was put up ten years ago.It was established as a department that dealt with education matters, but so many good things have come from it. Presently, it operates under the division of technical and academic units. It has five professional support staff, two instructional facilitators, one system analyst, and ten faculty members. Before September 2008, it operated as an independent unit in charge of evaluating and implementing ICT projects and programmes that included troubleshooting, installation of equipment and software, managing the University Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
Since its inclusion as one of the academic departments, it now has some added responsibilities offering technical support for administrative and academic support staff, setting up the BSc (ICT education) program, and the provision of technology professional development workshops and training.
University of Education Winneba distance learning admissions
The long distance learning programs application forms at UEW are on sale until end of April 2018. It will be for both the post diploma and mature applicants. The degree programs available include:
- 4 year B.Sc in Mathematics education
- 4 year B.A in English
- 4 year B.Ed in Early Childhood Education
- 4 year B.Ed in basic education
The diploma and post diploma take beteeb two and three years in the whole institution including the Winneba south campus. Their respected programs are Bachelor, Post Diploma, and Diploma in:
- Science in Mathematics Education
- Business Administration in Human Resource Management
- Business Administration in Accounting Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- Basic Education
People who also want to pursue long distance programs in undergraduate and Masters have not been left behind. All you need is to meet the maximum criteria for the courses applied for. The application into the distance-learning program is via hard copy or online mode.
Those using the online platform can access the application forms from Ecobank Ghana Ltd, G.C.B bank, Agricultural Development Bank, HFC bank, Visa/Debit card, Unibank, Fidelity Bank, and Zenith Bank. As for their counterparts using the hard-copy, the Bankers Draft can be purchased in favor of the University of Education Winneba postgraduate programs. For any queries, candidates should visit the UEW website for more information and guidance.
Upon the completion of filling the forms, the following terms and conditions apply.
- Applicants with GCE advanced level certificates should not be more than five years old from the time of applying.
- Names must be written in full. Initials will not be accepted, and if necessary, the candidates with abbreviated names need to swear an affidavit and attach it to the forms.
- Students who have changed their names on marital grounds, only the gazetted names are acceptable? Therefore, applicants should attach the relevant gazetted documents on their forms.
- All certificates other than those from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) the Universities within Ghana and Institutions certified by the National Accreditation Board should be cleared with the board and an evaluation report attached to the application form.
University of Education Winneba campus
Just like all the years applicants for the sandwich programs are invited to hand in their applications for the different courses they want to pursue. In the sandwich session some of the programs provided include English, French translation, teaching English as a second language. French, postgraduate diploma in Braille, special education, home science, aong so many others. In spite of the various programs perfectly tailored for students with different abilities, University of Education Winneba and cut off points are necessary.
Their different campuses provide MSC information technology education and executive masters in human rights, conflict, and peace studies. These particular lectures are conducted over the weekend.
To apply for the programs, students can get the forms ADB bank, Zenith Bank, Prudential bank, Universal Merchant Bank, HFC bank, Ecobank, GCB ,and Unibank. For more information you can visit their website.
All completed online application forms should be accompanied with the following:
- Three referee report
- A recent passport size photograph
- Copies of transcripts of academic record
- Copies of certificates
Above all, applicants should consider the following:
- Any change to the address should be communicated promptly to the Dean, School of Graduate Students.
- No application will be processed unless all requirements are fully met.
- Certificates from universities within Ghana and those accredited by the WAEC should be attached to the completed forms.
- Changing a course after submitting an application form is not allowed.
The University of Education Winneba is an accredited institution tat provides students with programs well suiting to their needs.
READ ALSO: GIJ registration online 2018-2019