GIMPA (Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration) is a renowned institution of higher learning in Ghana that has created a fantastic learning culture for Ghanaians. With a mission to be a centre of excellence for training interested students in public and business administration, the education centre has an outspoken reputation among its peers as well as students. Today, the tertiary learning centre is an independent school with complete financial and operational autonomy. Do you want to know more about GIMPA courses? Indeed, the university is made of different schools that offer various programmes; however, what course should you go for?
Often, accredited universities with complete autonomy to run their affairs surpass expectation and embark on a successful path that builds their reputation. And with such progress, students benefit from the well-developed and designed learning techniques and courses offered. GIMPA's one such tertiary centre, boasting of incredible excellence in mind for students that partake in their courses.
They have a student portal, like many universities in Ghana for students to submit their applications and even access other data seamlessly. If you are wondering about GIMPA courses and cut off points, better find out more so that you do not miss out on the competitive application process that happens every academic year.
GIMPA's vision and mission are apparent, and they show the institution's desire to equip understudies with the best skills. The tertiary institution aims to build the appropriate capacity in public sector disciplines and practices and has become the best centre of excellence in Ghana.
Furthermore, the university is looking to develop the managerial skills of individuals hired in the public and private sectors. GIMPA was created in 1961 as a joint United Nations Special Fund Project.
During the 1999/2000 period, GIMPA was selected under the National Reform Programme to be revised into a self-financing institution. Today, GIMPA is a fully-fledged university in Ghana and recognized in Africa and other parts of the world. They received this accreditation from the National Accreditation Board under section 5 of the GIMPA Act, 2004 (Act 626).
GIMPA institute is made up of four schools, namely:
- Business School
- School of Public Service and Governance
- Faculty of Law
- School of Technology
The learning centre can award degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic papers based on their courses. GIMPA also issues honorary degrees after approval by the council.
GIMPA courses and fees
GIMPA has different admission opportunities every year for various programmes. Hence, the opening of the application process is officially communicated through the university's communication platform.
Are you wondering about the best GIMPA short courses to pursue this year? You should know more about GIMPA courses and the relevant fees before making any further moves that will cost you your admission.
Bachelor's degree programmes at GIMPA
The institution's schools offer interesting bachelor's programmes that touch on virtually any profession. These bachelor's courses go for three to four years.
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Finance
- Bachelor of Marketing
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Operation and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Procurement Management
- Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- LL. B Day Programme
- LL. B Regular Programme
- LL. B Modular Programme
Masters degrees offered at GIMPA
If you are looking to advance your studies past the undergraduate level, then you can choose among the numerous master’s courses offered at GIMPA. All these programs will take your two years to complete.
- Executive Masters in Business Administration (EMBA)
- Master of Research in Business Administration (MRes)
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Public Administration (MPA)
- Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA)
- Executive Master of Governance and Leadership (EMGL)
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Master of Development Management
- Master of Philosophy in Development Finance
Forget about GIMPA short courses 2020. If you want to elevate your studies, then these PhD courses are going to allow you to specialize in your field. They all take five years to complete.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Postgraduate diploma courses
These postgraduate courses take one year to complete and earn you amazing skills in the prerequisite field.
- PD Business Administration
- PD in Information and Communication Technology
- PD in Management Information Systems
- PD in IT Project Management
- Postgraduate Certificate in Public Administration (PG-CPA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PG-DPA)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Occupational Safety, health and Environmental Management (COSHEM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Safety, health and Environmental Management
These short courses at GIMPA are by far the most popular and are mostly oversubscribed. So, better check out the preferred choice and make your application straight away.
- Leadership Sandwich Programme
- 360 Degrees Leadership Programme (Residential - Busia Resort, Aqua Safari, Volta Serene) etc
- Certificate in Gender Development
- Women in Management - Middle Level
- Women in Management - Senior Level
- Achieving Operational Excellence
- Health Administration and Management
- Project Planning & Management
- Report Writing and Corporate Communication Skills
- Public Financial Management
- Brand Positioning
- Leading & Managing People
- Bid/Tender Writing Skills
- Budgeting & Financial Planning and Management
- Project Management Professional
- Legal Education for Executives I (Business and the Law)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Office Management and Supervisory Skills
- Corporate Governance for Organisational and Business Success
- Finance and Accounting for Non-Finance Managers
- Managing People for High Performance
- Human Resource Management
- Competency and Functional Skills
- Negotiation and Influence Skills for Executives
- Building Effective Teams
- Contract Management and Administration
- Customer Service Excellence
- Certificate in Customer Service Management
- Certificate in Agricultural Business Administration
- Events Management
- Procurement Management in Practice
- Project Management Professional® - Prep Class for Exams
- Certificate in Forensic Psychology and Corporate Security
GIMPA fees for various programmes
GIMPA charges different application and tuition fees reliant on the programme you have applied for. For instance:
- Bachelor’s application fees are GHC150 and GHC2,200 for tuition per semester.
- Postgraduate diploma also costs GHC150 for the application and GHC2,500 for every semester’s tuition.
- Master's program applicants have to pay GHC200 and GHC4,450 for the tuition fees.
However, the above is just an overview and a rough estimate for the entire learning institution. Every school charges a specific fee that covers the tuition cost and many other costs reliant on the course.
A great example is s student looking to get admitted to GIMPA school of law. They are supposed to pay GHC5,569 tuition fees for the entire academic calendar. On top of this, they are going to spend further GHC3,816 on health insurance and GHC238 for health facilities.
If you are applying for courses in other schools like the School of Technology, expect to pay a different fee. Also, the school fees for local and international students vary.
It is integral that you are aware of GIMPA courses if you are looking to pursue in this premier tertiary institution. Although some of their fees are a little higher, they have packaged their courses so well that employment is guaranteed once you earn your skills. The learning centre has been designed to accommodate students from diverse backgrounds and provide them with essential skills to build a prosperous career.