DV lottery, the annual phenomenon, has always had a lot of people around the world excited and eager. Popularly known as the green card lottery, it attracts millions of participants. US DV lottery 2023 registration might be to some, the opportunity they have been waiting for, but for some, it might be the case of dashed dreams.
The US DV lottery is a way for people ineligible to get a United States Visa to get one. It is all about luck as some win the lottery in a single application while others try multiple times without winning. What is this lottery, and how does it work?
How is the US DV lottery 2023 an opportunity?
Do you know the importance of the US DV lottery? If you think of the other ways of getting a United States of America Visa, you will realize that the DV lottery program is an easy and straightforward way of becoming a US citizen. Ordinarily, you can get a United States Visa in some of the following ways:
- A relative of an immediate US citizen: It is only the immediate relatives that are considered. It can be a US citizen's parent (the child should be above 21 years old), a child of a US citizen (the child should be above the age of 21 years), and spouses of a US citizen.
- Other family members: There are specific categories of family members awarded green cards. 480,000 people are awarded every year.
- Employees: If you have a skill that in high demand, you can get citizenship. On the other hand, if you are a prospective investor willing to invest a minimum of 1 million dollars in a business or $500,000 in an isolated area in the united states, you can be one of the 140,000 people offered green cards for employment purposes.
Looking at the categories mentioned above, it seems like getting a green card to live, work and study in the United States is a strenuous and mostly unsuccessful activity. This is because these categorizations make the number of people offered green cards every year to be dismal compared to those who apply.
This is where the US DV lottery 2023 becomes essential. The number of people applying for green cards increases every year, which means that there will be a backlog of applications. This results in significant delays.
In some countries, people wait for more than 10 or 20 years to get their applications reviewed. Why wait for 20 years and the DV lottery is a more comfortable option?
Who is eligible to apply for the diversity visa lottery?
The first and most important consideration is that only foreigners not born in the United States can apply for this program. The rate of immigration to the United States by people from the specific DV lottery 2023 eligible countries should be low for one to be considered.
Important considerations for the US DV lottery
After you have won the lottery, what comes after? To successfully apply and get a US visa using the lottery, you must possess enough qualifications to find employment in the United States. Although this happens after being selected as a successful lottery winner, you must know it beforehand.
For instance, people checking the DV lottery 2023 results ordinarily released a year before have to ascertain they have all the relevant documentation for their interview. Education and work requirements needed are either a high school diploma or work experience of 2 years in a field with a minimum training period of 2 years.
US officials require these pieces of evidence. In case you apply for the lottery in a foreign country (that is not the United States), you will have to carry the required relevant documents when invited for an interview to the consulate in your country.
People already living in the US will have to present the documents in the office of US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). For education documents, ensure you carry the original for examination and approval and for the employed persons.
DV lottery 2023 registration period
The program usually runs for one month in October. The DV lottery 2022 registration was between October 7, 2020, and November 10, 2020. It is expected that the DV lottery 2023 will run for the same period and during the same time in 2021.
You are required to fill in only one DV lottery 2023 registration form. People who apply twice in one fiscal year will be ineligible, and their applications automatically canceled.
DV lottery 2023 registration
The DV lottery registration is always free of charge, and any interested applicant can process their applications online via their official website travel.state.gov. It is a good idea to complete the application process by yourself and not seek any assistance from the so-called agents.
This is because the form requires personal and sensitive information. It would be best to answer those questions yourself to avoid providing erroneous data, thus leading to disqualification.
Also, you should be the one to retain your confirmation page and confirmation number. You will be locked out of the online portal that informs you of your entry status when you don't have this number. After completing the entry process, print the confirmation screen for your records.
Will there be a DV lottery 2023 coronavirus problem? Since the United States of America government hasn't issued an official statement on the specific dates for registration, people have to wait and see how everything unfolds. However, it is expected that things will run as smoothly as in previous DV lottery applications.
How do you check your registration status?
The US Government does not communicate with the applicants directly. The only way to know of your DV lottery 2023 results is by following these simple steps:
- First, you have to visit the online portal.
- Click on the entrant status check.
- Enter your unique confirmation number and personal info.
The check is essential as you know if you have been selected as a lottery winner. If you are successful, you then can confirm your interview date with the immigration visa department.
Requirements for the DV lottery 2023 registration form
These are the requirements for filling the online form as instructed by the United States Government.
- Ensure that you are using an updated browser. Old browsers (like the windows explore 8) may create a problem when filling the registration form.
- You have to indicate your full names as it is written in your passport. Do not change a thing.
- Provide some personal information including, your gender, date of birth and the year, the city of birth and the country of birth.
- You also need to provide a recent photograph of yourself, your children and your spouse. People of same-sex marriages are eligible to apply as spouses if, at the time of their marriage, the union was legal in the eyes of their countries' law.
- You are also required to give details of the country you reside in at the time of application. You can provide a phone number.
- You have to provide an email address, and it must be active. However, you will not know the status of your application via email. You will only receive notification that your status is now in the entrant status check and you now have to go check.
- The application also requires information regarding your education, marital status and the number of children you have.
- You have to give details about your spouse like gender, city/town of birth, country of birth, and a spouse's photograph.
While giving details of your children, ascertain that you include all your natural living children, adopted children and all living step-children who are unmarried and are under 21 years old. One of the simple things that might get your application rejected is the photo you upload.
The photos must be in focus, with a neutral and light-coloured background. You should not be wearing glasses or any other items that detract from the face like a hat. However, hats for religious purposes are allowed, but this excludes tribal and military hats.
When can I apply for DV Lottery 2023?
The DV lottery 2023 application will be open from October 2021 until November the same year. All applicants will have the opportunity to confirm whether their applications were successful the following year around May. Ordinarily, applicants ought to save their confirmation numbers until at least September 2023.
How do I fill my EDV form online 2023?
Interested applicants can fill the DV lottery 2023 registration form online via the official website travel.state.gov. The website possesses all the instructions and gives information on who is eligible to apply as well.
The US DV lottery 2023 is an opportunity for people looking to become citizens of the United States of America to try their luck. Instead of going through the strenuous regular processes of applying for a US visa, why not try the DV lottery?
Interestingly, Ghanaians can visit certain countries, mostly in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) without a visa. These include Burkina Faso, Comoros, Mali and many more.