YEN.com.gh is a digital news & media site of the new generation. It embodies the era in which it has been created: dynamic, informative, controversial, and entertaining.
We are the 7th most visited digital platform in all of Ghana, delivering value and high-quality information to our audience since September 2015.
The basic principles for achieving this goal are given in the YEN.com.gh Manifesto below:
1. We are an independent source of information. We exist on money from advertising, and we are not being financed or influenced by government, parties, or by private individuals.
2. Our aim is to collect information from all the available sources, systematise it and explain it in a really understandable and neutral manner. As a result, we provide high quality, reliable and affordable media products related to different spheres of people's lives, including culture, education, technology, current affairs, and etc., for promoting knowledge, political stability and economic prosperity.
3. All the stories at YEN.com.gh shall avoid a single-sided reflection of the situation (unless it is the author’s opinion). Our site is not liable for the author’s point of view, but, at the same time we reserve the right to publish alternative visions, as long as they are not considered to be propaganda, do not justify violence, do not lead to the sparking of enmity.
4. YEN.com.gh often has to deal with challenging and controversial content, which may offend some of the audience some of the time. But alternative visions also contribute to diversity of content in the media and to fulfilling our function to encourage and promote all the spheres of life. We acknowledge that an editor should never gratuitously harm or offend and, accordingly, any content which is likely to harm or offend must have a clear editorial purpose.
READ ALSO: YEN.com.gh on Wikipedia.org
5. We always refer to the initial source of information and make a clear reference to it, whenever possible.
6. The editorial team makes every effort to verify the data. The facts in our articles are instantly amended, so that maximum integrity, accuracy and precision are achieved. The users have an opportunity to contribute to this process as well.
7. We take into consideration the versatility of readers' interests. We are open for cooperation with independent contributors. Information from readers, as well as reports from social media, is used on a regular basis.
We will try to be as transparent with you as possible! Thanks for reading us!