Minority threatening to sue over double salaries allegations

Minority threatening to sue over double salaries allegations

- Minority MPs alleged to have been involved in the double scandal have denied any wrongdoings

- NDC MP, Ato Forson rubbished the report and described it as a “figment of government’s imagination"

The Minority in Parliament has rebutted allegations that some former government officials received double salaries as MPs and Ministers of State.

At a press conference in Parliament of Tuesday, Minority spokesperson for Finance Cassiel Ato Forson said what is happening is a ploy by government to intimidate and prevent NDC members from critiquing it.

Minority threatening to sue over double salaries allegations

Minority spokesperson for Finance Cassiel Ato Forson

READ ALSO: Mahama's Ministers in alleged double salary scandal

Our attention has been drawn to a publication in today’s Daily Guide newspaper alleging that some 22 Article 71 appointees of the erstwhile Mahama administration were overpaid whilst serving as Ministers, Deputy Ministers and Members of Parliament.

“The said publication can only be a figment of the imagination of a Government that continues to betray the trust of the people,” he said.

According to the Minority, about 25 of them last week received letters from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) inviting them to assist with investigations into the alleged receipt of double salaries.

But the CID subsequently called off the meeting and revised its claims, admitting now that 18 former officials were wrongly accused.

Join YEN on Instagram to be always informed and entertained!

In a bizarre twist, as we were readying to appear before the CID this week beginning from yesterday considering that we had been grouped to appear on separate days, the CID called some of our colleagues to inform them that they were no longer required to appear as they had made mistakes with 18 of the 25 Minority MPs originally contacted,” Minority spokesperson for Finance Cassiel Ato Forson noted.

Mr. Forson however, reiterated that the NDC minority have done no wrong. “We repeat for emphasis that there has been no wrongdoing on our part. The NDC Minority stands ready to submit to the highest standards of accountability any day.”

He also accused the NPP government of witch-hunting.

The Minority has served notice it will sue the Criminal Investigation Department of the Ghana Police and some newspapers following allegations that former government appointees took double salaries while in office.

READ ALSO: I can’t end my love for nudity just because I’m born again – Efia Odo

They finally assured Ghanaians they will remain resolute and faithful in representing their interest always.

In the video below, the deputy education minister, Mrs Barbara Ayisi, speaks on how President Akufo-Addo inspires her, and how the president's success story must also inspire the youth of Ghana to greater heights.

Subscribe to watch new videos

READ ALSO: GJA's 1 Journalist-1 House project launched

Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook now!

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
Jubilee House guards arrested for robbery and rape (PHOTOS)

Jubilee House guards arrested for robbery and rape (PHOTOS)

These 2 Jubilee House guards have been busted for robbery and rape (PHOTOS)
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel