Whether you have completed the Basic Education Certificate (BECE) or you are a prospective candidate, you probably want to know how to check your BECE results so as you can know how you performed in the exams. Below is a guide on how to check your BECE results placement status and how you get verification of your results when you need them.
Sometimes one might be anxious about the results and always wondering when they will be out. Its well understood as this results sometimes determines the future of the candidates hence the anxiety from them.
Checking your BECE results on time
Have you ever wondered when will BECE results be out? And why is it important to check the results on time? Well, below are the reasons why you should BECE results on time.
- Makes it easier for people who are eager to know early on if they have passed so that they can concentrate on their placement details.
- It is equally important for people who failed the test to see the results early so they can now concentrate on taking the examination as soon as it might be possible.
- It is important for people who fell that they have been discrepancies in marking. If they check early, within the three months that the scripts are held after the announcing of the results, they can be able to initiate the process of reviewing their papers by the examination council.
- You get to know the BECE results ranking on time too.
How to check BECE results
The BECE exam is part of the larger WAEC (West African Examinations Council) controlled examinations. The examination council has come up with ways in which the candidates can access and view their BECE results in Ghana.
There are two ways in which you can use to check your final BECE results. You can either check the results online using the internet or you can simply use your phone. Here are the ways you use the BECE examination results checker.
How to check BECE results in Ghana online
Follow this process if you wish to use BECE results checker to get your results online in Ghana.
- First, you must have access to a computer that is internet enabled.
- Log into the official Ghanaian WEC portal (www.ghanawaecdirect.org).
- On the top of the page, you can see the part that reads “you can buy your result checker card”
- Click on it. You will be directed on how to pay the voucher for checking your results.
- The options offered are; Airtel money, MasterCard and the visa card options.
- After you have paid for the voucher. You can proceed to filing the payment details
- You are then required to submit the Payees name and their valid email address.
- When paying via MasterCard and the Visa, you will be required to just enter your card details and the payment will be deducted. When using Airtel Money, you will be required to enter your Airtel number for the payment to be confirmed.
- Once you have completed payment and the payment is confirmed, you are now supposed to check your email.
- The Results Checker Card details will also be displayed on the screen and sent to the email address you had earlier provided.
- Now, you should go back to the homepage.
- Once you are there, look at the left part of the screen. You will notice a section that with the initials “RESULT CHECKER”
- Fill the information required. they will ask for the following information
- Your BECE index number
- The exam type(in this case you select BECE)
- The year you took the examination
- Your date of birth
- The serial number provided after payment
- The pin provided to you after payment.
- You will be required to confirm your index number and the year you sat for the exam.
- Go through the information again to ensure you have provided the right information.
- Now submit the request.
READ ALSO: WAEC Ghana BECE grading system
How to check BECE results on phone
If you have no access to the internet, or for whatever reason you do cannot manage to check your status though a computer, there is an easier way. As long as you are an MTN, Glo or Celtel subscriber, you can check your results via sms, just follow these simple steps.
- You have to have a mobile phone and t the pin provided to you after payment of the required result checker fee.
- Go to the SMS section of your phone. And type WAEC*Examnumber*PIN*exam year
- Sent is to the short code 32327
- Once you are done, you will receive your results via SMS on your phone.
- There are costs that you will incur.
BECE results verification
Verifying your Basic Education Certificate Examination results is the process whereby you seek to confirm your result. Verifying your results has now become easier and you can do it after even more than ten years.
Let us look at how you go about the process of verifying your results
- You first go to the official WAEC confirmation of results portal
- You are then required to fill in your full names starting with your surname.
- You are required to give your email address
- If you are not the person who sat for the exam, you are required to give your dress and the address of the person who will receive the results
- For persons who did the exam in the year 2005 and below, you are required to upload your passport photo.
- In the location section, you chose the location you are in at the moment.
- You will then chose the examination type(in this case it’s the BECE)
- You then have to choose the exam year.
- After you are done giving the above-mentioned information, you then click the “submit and proceed to payment” icon
BECE results 2017
In 2017 BECE results updates indicate that over 461,000 students sat for the BECE examination. The BECE results statistics indicated that a total of 15,185 schools, both public and private had a total of 241,148 males and 226,905 females who sat for the exam.
The students who had their BECE results withheld were 1,298 in total, making it 0.28% of the students. Withheld results came up when the council believes that the students cheated. Candidates who had their results withheld cannot access their BECE results slip. In short, the people who have their BECE results cancelled are believed to have cheated in the examination.
WAEC first releases the results online and goes further to release them to the various schools that participated in the examination.