President of the republic, Nana Addo Danquah Akufo-Addo has officially launched the Nation Builder's Corps.
The program will see about 100,000 university graduates employed in various sectors of the economy including the health, educational and financial sectors.
Already, thousands of unemployed graduates are hitting the website of the program to apply for the jobs available. But here are some of the information you may be missing about the program:
1. Only applicants who have completed their national service are eligible for the job offer
2. The job offer has several sectors including Agric, health, education, innovation, district assembly and so on.
3. These jobs are not forever, it is just for a tenure of 3 years.
4. It is estimated that government will spend 200 million cedis a year on the program.
5. All applications will be accepted and processed until the end of June.
6. The application is absolutely free.
Figures from the Labour Force Survey Report show that more than 1.2 million persons from 15 years and older are estimated to be unemployed representing the total unemployment rate of 11.9%. To apply for a job under the program, you must log in to the website: www.nabco.gov.gh.
Check out some of the trending news in Ghana in YEN.com.gh's video below: