There are several types of cakes that have different procedures of baking. Some of the types of cakes include chocolate cake, banana cake, and vanilla cake, fruit cakes, black forest, white forest and many more. Some are quite easy to bake while others need a lot of skills and patience .To most people; cake baking seems like rocket science. To others how to bake a cake is a hobby and they cherish every moment they spend tossing in a handful of this and that. This post is going to help you master a few tricks of baking that will help you nail your next baking project.
There are several tips on how to bake a cake that you could take advantage of. You only need to ensure that you get it right from the start so that the outcome is as you expected. If you are not good at it, you will always find guidelines online or ask a friend or family member to guide you through so that you are not stuck.
How to bake a cake step by step
Some of the tips and trick on how to bake a cake step by step include:
- Setting out all your ingredients after determining the type of cake you want to bake.
- Secondly, you need to ensure that you are precise because accurate measurements will determine the outcome of your cake.
- The third step involves bringing your ingredients to room temperature due to the fact that batter mixes properly when all ingredients are at the right temperature.
- The most common eggs used for baking are the large ones. Therefore, it is prudent that you check the size of the eggs you intend to use.
- You ought to preheat your oven before you start baking for twenty minutes .If not sure of the temperature, you could always use an oven thermometer. The racks should then be positioned at the center of your oven.
- After sifting your ingredients, parchment paper lining should be the next step.
- You could then use nonstick spray or softened butter to butter the pan and then flour the pan so that the cake comes out easily.
- After you are done preparing a Bundt Pan, you should start baking your cake .You should always remember to rotate the pan at 180 degrees. Once it is ready, you should use a skewer to confirm whether it’s properly baked. If the skewer comes out clean, you will be ready to go.
- The final step involves cooling your cake and munching it all the way.
READ ALSO: Best Ghanaian dishes for supper
How to bake a cake with a microwave
If you wish to know how to bake a banana cake with a microwave or how to bake a chocolate cake with a microwave, this post is going to guide you appropriately. Here are some of the tips on how to bake a cake with a microwave.
- Once your cake is ready to bake , you need to spray your medium microwave safe bowl using a not stick spray and then cover your mixture in the microwave for two to two and a half minutes or until your cake is ready.
- Not all microwaves work the same way. Therefore, it is advised that you adjust your cooking time depending on your microwave.
Set out on getting that perfect dessert for your family or a cake for that special person with these easy tips.
READ ALSO: How to prepare pancake in Ghana