- The first lady, Rebecca Akufo Addo has wished all mothers a happy mother's day
- The first lady is warning against the failure of mothers to provide children with mosquito nets and vaccinations
- Her message has also called for women to have regular checkups.
The first lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo, has wished all mothers a happy mother's day especially as the world celebrates mothers across the world for their support and contribution to humanity and child bearing.
Rebecca Akufo Addo has, in an extensive message to mothers, warned against unhealthy lifestyles and general housekeeping methods to keep themselves and families safe. Here are 7 sentences we gathered from the first ladies message.
1. I encourage all mothers to ensure they and their families sleep under treated mosquito nets every night and exclusively breastfeed their babies for at least six months.
2. Every mother must make sure her children receive all their vaccinations, at the right time and teach older children regular hand washing with soap and under running water to prevent them from getting unwanted infections and diseases.
3. Breast and cervical cancer are known to be the leading cause of cancer deaths for women. But early detection and treatment save lives. Please examine your breast every month and immediately see a doctor when you notice any changes in your breast and undertake regular checks for cervical cancer.
4. I urge every pregnant woman to know her HIV status. With early diagnoses and treatment, babies can be prevented from being infected with HIV from an HIV positive mother during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also, mothers affected can live long healthy and happy lives, to care for their children and families.
5. Maternal mortality still remains a major healthcare problem. Please attend antenatal check-ups and follow the advice of your health provider.
6. It should be the delight of every mother to see their children get an education to give them an equal advantage in a global space. We as mothers must see to it that our children, especially our girls go to school and stay in school.
Top 7 worst jobs in the world: