UEFA champions league is a colossal event in the entire European zone. We know that most of us are usually pretty excited about the champions league results. On 27th May 2018, the final was played between Real Madrid and Liverpool. All of us who have missed the electrifying performance of Gareth Bale in the UEFA Champions League Finals can go through this article. If anyone was unable to watch the matches of the recently concluded tournament he or she can explore this article to have a look at the UEFA Champions League results. So, give yourself a chance to relive the entire tournament along with the high profile UEFA Champions League Finals.
UEFA champions league results
UEFA champions league is a yearly football competition being organized by UEFA. It is the most reputed competition in the European football history where all prestigious football clubs from all corners of Europe participate in it. Champions league final is the most viewed sports event around the world. In the following article, you will get to know about the fixtures and the respective results. Uefa was established on 15th June 1954 in the city of Basel, Switzerland. Today there are 455 staffs working in the uefa headquarters. It has a total of 55 associations as members. You will be really surprised to know that the 2012-13 edition of the tournament had a whopping 360 million viewers. This tournament was first time played in the year 1992 replacing the European cup which was being played since 1955. The clubs who finished behind the league toppers in their respective leagues get to play the next most valuable European club tournament namely uefa europa league. Now, let’s have a look at some of the interesting facts about champions league results.
UEFA champions league stats
- Most number of Appearances – Iker Casillas (171 matches) (Spain, Real Madrid, Porto)
- Most number of Titles – Real Madrid (13)
- Most number of Goals (All Time) – Cristiano Ronaldo (120 goals) (Portugal, Manchester United, Real Madrid)
- Most matches played by teams – Real Madrid (251 matches)
- Most number of wins – Real Madrid (151)
- Most number of goals scored (single season) – Barcelona (16 matches - 45 goals)
- Most goals scored by a team – Real Madrid (536 goals)
- Most goals scored in a season by a player – Cristiano Ronaldo (17 goals – 2013/14 season)
- Most goals scored in a match by a player – Lionel Messi (5 goals – against Bayern Leverkusen - 2012)
- Most number of Hat-tricks – Lionel Messi & Cristiano Ronaldo (7 goals each)
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the only player to win a record 5 UEFA Champions League titles
READ ALSO: Ronaldo wins UEFA player award
UEFA champions league draw
Prior to the start of each of the stages of uefa champions league, draws are held for each of them. Let’s have a look at the draws –
- 1st and 2nd qualifying round – 19th June 2017
- Qualifying round (3rd) – 14th July 2017
- Play-offs – 4th August 2017
- This year’s group stage draw was held at Grimaldi Forum, Monaco on 24th August 2017. Many scintillating matches were announced at this event including the high profile matches the likes of Real Madrid vs. Borussia Dortmund, Chelsea vs. Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich vs. PSG and Juventus vs. Barcelona.
5. Round 16 – 11th December 2017
6. The champions league draw conducted by uefa for this year’s quarter finals took place at Nyon, Switzerland on 16th March 2018. The draw results are shown below –
You can watch the replay of the draw at their official page.
7. Semi finals and the finals draw – 13th April 2018
Champions league groups
UEFA champions league results
UEFA champions league is a massive tournament. The journey of the teams commenced on 27th June 2017 and finally came to a conclusion on 27th May 2018.
Now, we will provide you with the uefa champions league fixtures for the 2017-18 edition. If you are interested to know about the uefa champions league results then you can scroll down the article to have a look at it.
1st round of qualifying stage
The 1st and the 2nd legs of the first round were held on 27th & 29th June 2017 and 4th & 5th July 2017 respectively. Vikingur Gota played really well against Trepca 89 in this round. The New Saints came from behind to win against Europa FC after losing the 1st leg.
2nd Round of Qualifying Stage
The 1st and the 2nd legs of the second round were held on 11th, 12th, 13th & 14th July 2017 and 18th, 19th & 20th July 2017 respectively. Qarabag and Red Bull Salzburg beat their opponents Samtredia and Hibernians comprehensively scoring 6 goals each.
3rd round of qualifying stage
The 1st and the 2nd legs of the third round were held on 25th, 26th, 27th July 2017 and 1st, 2nd & 3rd August 2017 respectively. The 3rd round of the qualifying stage was divided into two sections – league route and championship route. The team which loses in both the phases qualifies for the play-off round of the UEFA Europa league (2017-18).
The 1st and the 2nd legs of the third round were held on 15th, 16th, 17th August 2017 and 22nd, 23rd & 24th August 2017 respectively. The play-off round was segregated into two sections – league route and champions route. The team which loses in both the phases qualifies for the group stage in the UEFA Europa league (2017-18).
The 32 teams who entered into the group stage were drafted into 8 groups each having 4 club teams. Both RB Leipzig and Qarabag played in the champions league group stage for the first time. Qarabag was only the first team from Azerbaijan to be a part of the champions league. After the end of the group stage, the top two teams of each of the group advance to the knockout stage and the 3rd team gets transferred to the Europa league competition. The 1st and the 2nd legs of the group stage were held on 13th & 14th September 2017, 27th & 28th September 2017, 18th & 19th October 2017, 1st & 2nd November 2017, 21st, 22nd & 23rd November 2017 and 6th & 7th December 2017 respectively. Now, let’s have a look at the champions league table for the group stage along with the result sheets.
Round of 16
The dates for the 1st leg of the round of 16 were 14th, 15th, 21st & 22nd February, and the dates for the 2nd leg were 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th March. This rounds champions league scores are as follows -
The dates for the 1st leg of the quarter finals were 4th & 5th April and the dates for the 2nd leg were 11th & 12th April.
The dates for the 1st leg of the semi-finals were 25th & 26th April, and the dates for the 2nd leg were 2nd & 3rd May.
Team 1 Score Team 2 1st Leg 2nd Leg
Liverpool 7-6 Roma 5-2 2-4
Bayern Munich 3-4 Real Madrid 1-2 2-2
UEFA champions league final
The champions league final for the 2017/18 edition was held on 27th May 2018 at the NSC Olimpiyskiy stadium in Kyiv, Ukraine. The two finalists were Real Madrid & Liverpool and they played each other for the 6th time. Both the football heavyweights are very famous for their playing styles. Real Madrid cruised to victory with a comprehensive win over their rivals. Liverpool were a bit unlucky as they lost Mohamed Salah midway into the 1st half due to an injury. Gareth Bale of Real Madrid scored a brace, one of which was a stunner from a bicycle kick and is debated to be one of the finest goals in Champions League Finals. This win takes their tally to a record 13th time. They have made it three in a row which is really an amazing moment both for the club and their hardcore fans. Milorad Mazic of Serbia was the Match Referee for the scintillating final match of the tournament. Finally, Let's clap for this years Champions League Winners, Real Madrid for their applaudable performance.
Team 1 Score Team 2
Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool
UEFA champions league 2017-18 stats
This year many new records have been set and you will be really stunned to know the figures as we will go on disclosing them.
- Number of matches played – 125 matches
- Most number of Goals – 401 goals
- Number of goals per match – 3.21 goals (one goal is scored every 28 seconds)
- Manchester City was the best team in terms of keeping possession (62%)
- Real Madrid was the team who had the highest number of attempts on goal (220)
- Most goals scored by a team – Liverpool (41 goals)
- Most goals scored by a player – Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) (15 goals)
- Most number of Assists – James Milner (Liverpool) (9)
- Complete Passes (Team) - Manchester City (89%)
- Complete Passes (Player) – Toni Kroos (Real Madrid) (854 passes)
- Most number of saves by goalkeeper – Alisson Becker (AS Roma) (47)
- Website: http://www.uefa.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/uefa/?fref=ts
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/uefa?lang=en-gb
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/uefa_official/?hl=en
- Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+UEFAcom
- You tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/UEFA